Black and Decker Screwgun

phffter

Yeah, you can find 7/16 bits but you won't find them at HD/Lowe's. Plenty on eBay...you have to be careful when buying older tools because it seems it was more common back then than it is now.

Beauty of a tool! Check the wire to the chassis make sure it's a dead short. Then connect that wire to Earth ground, then give her a try. Put on a glove if you must but you'll be fine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Yeah, you can find 7/16 bits but you won't find them at HD/Lowe's. Plenty on eBay...you have to be careful when buying older tools because it seems it was more common back then than it is now.

Beauty of a tool! Check the wire to the chassis make sure it's a dead short. Then connect that wire to Earth ground, then give her a try. Put on a glove if you must but you'll be fine.

Just like u said put a glove on ? 

12 hours ago, phffter said:

a buddy gave me this. his uncle worked in a factory on the assembly line years ago. think it's kinda cool. wierd hex drive size, 7/16. and, no, i havent tested it. i aint getting zapped.

bd.JPG

bd2.JPG

bd3.JPG

bd6.JPG

bd7.JPG

bd8.JPG

Damn man very nice tool are you going to clean her up . back when black and decker was built to last 

• Like 1

As Jimbo said, 7/16 isn't uncommon in industrial applications. Telephone and Electric companies use them extensively.

They are readily available (Milwaukee 2765 is an example) and lots of auger and similar style bits are available in 7/16".

Pretty cool find man

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hmmm I got some apex industrial bits with a 1/2 square drive and have pin detent they are big and thought they were 1/2 hex but could be 7/16 dunno but that thing you got must be what they are for isn't it called a nutrunner definitely isn't a screw gun as they are small like my 7.2v snap on screwguns. I have no idea if I ever could use the bits for anything as they would only fit my drills and they are not made for busting nuts loose.

• Like 1