Toe Kicker Saw

comp56

On 3/2/2017 at 9:57 PM, comp56 said:

didn't know Chicago Electric has such specialty tools....

Nice find...for me HF tools are great for those jobs that you only do a couple of times a year. Early on I didn't do a whole lot of concrete work and picked up a small HF combi-hammer for $20 with coupon, laughed all the way to the bank every time I used it. It served me well until the handle started to come apart a couple of years ago and have since replaced it with Bosch's latest model. Build quality is night and day vs. the Bosch and I love it, but I tell you...When I had the HF combi knowing that I only paid 1/10th the price of everyone else, I was probably just as happy:)

22 hours ago, tpamatmat said:

Nice find...for me HF tools are great for those jobs that you only do a couple of times a year. Early on I didn't do a whole lot of concrete work and picked up a small HF combi-hammer for $20 with coupon, laughed all the way to the bank every time I used it. It served me well until the handle started to come apart a couple of years ago and have since replaced it with Bosch's latest model. Build quality is night and day vs. the Bosch and I love it, but I tell you...When I had the HF combi knowing that I only paid 1/10th the price of everyone else, I was probably just as happy:)

Yeah, if it's got a cord and only occasional use, i bought a 9" angle grinder there 8 years back, it burnt up, i bought another one...

I'm glad I did, too, I use it on the occasion, but it's been good to have.

This first picture had sewage down in there keeping the core bit cool and lubed lol

IMG_20170303_161224727

IMG_20170105_103539935

On 3/3/2017 at 0:57 AM, comp56 said:

didn't know Chicago Electric has such specialty tools....

$_27.JPG

Do you know offhand if there is tile cutting blades for this saw? Kitchen tile is under my cabinets, the previous owners had a sick sense of humor and put tile over several layers of vinyl flooring, it's cracking everywhere

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jronman said:

Is Chicago Electric a Harbor Freight brand?

Yes, I do believe that is their "house brand"

whenever you need a "one time" tool, that is the place to go ....

On 3/4/2017 at 8:14 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah, if it's got a cord and only occasional use, i bought a 9" angle grinder there 8 years back, it burnt up, i bought another one...

I'm glad I did, too, I use it on the occasion, but it's been good to have.

This first picture had sewage down in there keeping the core bit cool and lubed lol

IMG_20170303_161224727

Yeah, sewage does do  wonders in the cutting department. Never forget the time I sprayed a client while cutting through some 4" abs with a sawzall. Hey...watch at your own risk:)