Dewalt 20v Brushless Circular Saw

soicyboy

Yeah that's been in the works for a while. Still no rafter hook. Looks like a weakened FlexVolt to me. Might as well just get the big boy, only different is battery size.

Anyone know why Dewalt seems

to give their new releases no fanfare whatsoever? The new XR compact impact came out like a fart in the wind. One day it was just there without warning lol. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bremon said:

FlexVolt is a no brainer. You have to work hard to stall the FlexVolt. I can guarantee you'll be able to stall this one, just like the Fuel. 

Ya it's kinda dumb to make a 20v version with the FV out there, would have made a lot more sense to update the 6.5 left blade. 

• Like 1

Especially when I've read the FlexVolt existing as an excuse to make a 20v version easily, but like the new brushless compac recip, there's also existing framework for brushless 6.5". Why not both, like Milwaukee. 

Yea most guys already splurged on FV, once again dewalt shits the bed, it's like the xrp adapter 5 years later ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yeah. Those poor guys with their strongest cordless saws on the market. Let's shed a tear for them and pour out a drink [mention=51951]JimboS1ice[/mention], and reminisce about the days we wore that crown with the 2731...at least we can tell them how to cope when the Makita rear handle hits stores haha. 

Ya they were top dog for a few months ha ha but when rob concord carpenter did his tool fight he said the makita could be more powerful and being old and brushed set it behind red and yellow, is hands down grab the makita over the flex, I've preferred the blade left of the 6 1/2, I'd just love to sit in on a meeting at dewalt R & D...

6.5 doesn't cut deep enough. Seems Makita has magic brushes though. Their cheap old planer outdoes Dewalt and Milwaukee from what I've read. Didn't rob have that suspect test with the Surge though? ?

Edit; off topic; thanks for mentioning that review @JimboS1ice, it's an interesting video. Testing is thoughtfully laid out and they award different wins for a ton of different aspects of the saws which is great. Also happy to see 6.5 blade lefts and 7.25 blade rights are separate classes. Makes me want to buy another blade left ? He dings the Makita hard for being dual battery, dings the FlexVolt for being a new battery, while admitting it's the most powerful saw, and narrowly awards the 2731 the win because of battery compatibility, yet all the testing is done strictly off the 9.0. ? Makes you wonder. I do love that saw though lol. Sucks that the new rear handle Makita will have the same asterisks next to its "wins" (but two batteries!). Drill tool fights are so much more straight forward lol. 

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

6.5 doesn't cut deep enough. Seems Makita has magic brushes though. Their cheap old planer outdoes Dewalt and Milwaukee from what I've read. Didn't rob have that suspect test with the Surge though? ?

Edit; off topic; thanks for mentioning that review @JimboS1ice, it's an interesting video. Testing is thoughtfully laid out and they award different wins for a ton of different aspects of the saws which is great. Also happy to see 6.5 blade lefts and 7.25 blade rights are separate classes. Makes me want to buy another blade left ? He dings the Makita hard for being dual battery, dings the FlexVolt for being a new battery, while admitting it's the most powerful saw, and narrowly awards the 2731 the win because of battery compatibility, yet all the testing is done strictly off the 9.0. ? Makes you wonder. I do love that saw though lol. Sucks that the new rear handle Makita will have the same asterisks next to its "wins" (but two batteries!). Drill tool fights are so much more straight forward lol. 

Yes that 18v makita smashes all the competition but you would expect that from a company that made the first electric planer I believe 

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

2 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Yes that 18v makita smashes all the competition but you would expect that from a company that made the first electric planer I believe 

The Dewalt planer is a bit stronger especially with Flexvolt or xr 6.0 batteries but the Makita is impressive considering it came out over 5 years old ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmz2084 said:

The Dewalt planer is a bit stronger especially with Flexvolt or xr 6.0 batteries but the Makita is impressive considering it came out over 5 years old ago. 

Oh really? I seen a cordless planer battle. Makita and DeWALT were 1st and 2nd but the Makita won over the DeWALT. I don't think flexvolt was out yet so the DeWALT may be the new champ if used with a 6.0 or 9.0 flex. 

Oh really? I seen a cordless planer battle. Makita and DeWALT were 1st and 2nd but the Makita won over the DeWALT. I don't think flexvolt was out yet so the DeWALT may be the new champ if used with a 6.0 or 9.0 flex. 

Mike and Dwain did it @oztooltalk

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

I don't know guys but I'm pretty excited bout this saw maybe bcus I haven't made my way into the flexvolt line yet but I have a crap load batteries that I can use with it

Don't worry you can just buy a flexvolt saw and be good to go.  People are always saying how they are the same battery platform.

Hope you can read in sarcasm.  haha

• Like 1

You can't compare tools unless you use a brands tool and whatever accessories are made for that tool to do the job intended.......example...the Flexvolt circ saw is best used with a 9/3 ah and a Flexvolt blade...compare that to any other set up you want....it's the best......( ya maybe makita new rear but that's a different kind of saw ) .,,still hate those worm drives or similar...........companies work hard to develop a line of accessories to use with their tools............can't just throw a diablo blade on every circ saw and a 6ah and say now it's fair...it's not.....

B man....that's the thing, flex is a system not just a tool...don't know if Milwaukee makes a blade special for their 7 1/4 or if Makita does......Dewalt develops an entire system for each tool.....sawzall blades,circ blades,grinding disc,sandpaper,etc....any test done without using all of the accessories designed for a particular tool is just a bogus test......I know Milwaukee makes good sawzall blades...don't know about other brand accessories .    

..........MORE POWA MORE TOOLS ALREADY!!!  

At any given price point a blade is a blade man. You're not getting a Freud Industrial for the price of a Diablo with FlexVolt. It's a system because there's big money and repeat business with accessories/consumables. The FlexVolt blade are just thin kerf for less load on a tool and more cuts per charge. Don't drink the kool-aid. By basically all accounts a FlexVolt recip blade isn't better than a Sawzall blade, the mitre blades aren't that different from a Diablo. The hole saws are basically daredevil carbides with thinner teeth. Etc. Etc. 

• Like 2

No B man...not just thin kerf....look at the tooth design, air vents,totally different design not just thinner....also there are vids on the Flexvolt saw with different blades with very different results ..PLUS.. MY real world experience.....using different blades on it.....besides I Love Koolaid.....lol

On 3/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, Bremon said:

At any given price point a blade is a blade man. You're not getting a Freud Industrial for the price of a Diablo with FlexVolt. It's a system because there's big money and repeat business with accessories/consumables. The FlexVolt blade are just thin kerf for less load on a tool and more cuts per charge. Don't drink the kool-aid. By basically all accounts a FlexVolt recip blade isn't better than a Sawzall blade, the mitre blades aren't that different from a Diablo. The hole saws are basically daredevil carbides with thinner teeth. Etc. Etc. 

17 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

No B man...not just thin kerf....look at the tooth design, air vents,totally different design not just thinner....also there are vids on the Flexvolt saw with different blades with very different results ..PLUS.. MY real world experience.....using different blades on it.....besides I Love Koolaid.....lol

It's easy enough to test. Run the comp with diablos and then run it with flexvolt blades. If there is not difference you should get similar results. If there is you will see a change. If someone wants to send me a not-Flexvolt saw I'll do it myself :D

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

So put a flexvolt blade on all the saws and run a test. 

15 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Videos with different results, what's the bigger variable; tool operator or blade, especially if kerf is similar...