Dewalt 20v Brushless Circular Saw

soicyboy

My point is to run tests as each company has designed the tool to be used.......which is with their own "total system" ...tool,blade,battery....whatever tool it is. ...I'm sure Dewalt didn't spend 100million or whatever number it is ,just to say "drink our koolaid you dumb consumers..just buy everything we sell." ...They truly want to be the best tool company and to be number one in every category,to expand their base and dominate the tool industry...

.....Same people who said Flexvolt is just a gimmick. ,now see that when comparing Flexvolt with a 3/9ah to Any other brand.and Any other tool,. FLEXVOLT is The Best ..PERIOD. ..the reason is simple....Total Tool System........

.   Now, More Tools...More POWA! 

Completely and utterly ridiculous. Mind share, market share, revenue, profit, and returns on investment. Those are the things that shareholders care about. Shareholders are the people the boards of public companies care about. The board members of those companies are the people whose marching orders are followed by people in R&D, engineering, and marketing. Marketing wants you to believe R&D hit it out of the park and that using the whole "system" gets more magic out of the saw... if you think Freud doesn't sink equal amounts of money into their R&D you're being willfully ignorant. I'll let my own experience and my wallet be the judge of what works the best in my saws, but I won't delude myself into thinking one affordable pro-grade blade is going to radically outperform another...

• Like 1

So I thought about you guys today when I was at farm and fleet, they have all the flex volt accessories, honestly?? That's shit is double the price of the regular dewalt stuff and it looks pretty much the same... 10 bucks for a flap disc that says flex volt? Lets get real for a minute what could possibly down to a flap disc to increase runtime on a extremely high demand and tool operation... thinner grit to make me buy another overnpriced disc? Thin kerf I get, you can boast longer run times than your competitor but put thin kerf on another color and you get the same results, why do you think Diablo boasts 30% more cuts than the competitor on their blade??

It's marketing bollocks guys to get us to buy the shit accesories dewalt puts out, maybe you get more run time fromna flex blade, but I'd rather take the longevity on a quality blade, you can't throw a blade on the charger and grow your teeth back... just my 4 cents [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit accessories is a broad brush swipe. They have some good stuff and garbage like everyone else. But yeah. I'll take Diablo over a FlexVolt for a saw or grinder. Those hole saws look decent too if you swap out the selffeed for a standard pilot bit. You can find a deal on them like any other brand though. 

Shit accessories is a broad brush swipe. They have some good stuff and garbage like everyone else. But yeah. I'll take Diablo over a FlexVolt for a saw or grinder. Those hole saws look decent too if you swap out the selffeed for a standard pilot bit. You can find a deal on them like any other brand though. 

You got me there, max fit bits are good LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Silly silly silly....why even buy Flexvolt,it's all marketing? 60 v (54v) over 18v Milwaukee pure crap..just ask Milwaukee., they will tell you , .it's all gimmick,smoke and mirrors...numbers...perfect conditions when used...thin kerf ..air vents,gimmick......a motor is a motor....a blade is a blade....

.......all sounds good except.....When you actually cut real wood,lvl,ipe,put,oak,For A Living Everyday..........ya 60v Matters,ya Blades Matter...Real World Results ....It is about money...My/Our companies making money...if it wasn't true,if it didn't work ,,we wouldn't spend the money on it.........

.          ..Now Milwaukees  Inksall marker I bought ,,writes on oily,frozen,wet surfaces ...I got a problem with., that's a gimmick!! ....lol :)

No one's arguing the tools aren't powerful. FlexVolt tools are obviously powerful. The argument is comparing accessories in a similar category (ie thin kerf 24 tooth framing blades) you aren't going to miraculously turn a turd into a diamond. If your site makes you more money if 50 items say Dewalt on it instead of 25 more power to you, congrats on the success, but my experience with stock blades and Diablo means I'll stick with Diablo every time (since Freud is a company that also puts R&D money into tooth rake, tooth count, tip design, stability and cooling vents, etc. etc.). If SBD was so sure they'd perfected accessory technology there likely wasn't much reason to purchase Lenox/Irwin. 

This conversation has devolved from discussing Ford vs Chevy to claiming superiority of Esso gas over Shell. Actually it's gone beyond that to the notion that Ecoboost engines are specifically designed to run best with Esso gas ? 

• Like 1

There is nothing like a fresh blade.

As a Contractor in the field a blade isn't measured by the runtime on a specific tool rather the amount of times a blade can be used before loosing its (fresh butter cut) feel. Both blades Flexvolt and diablo brand new on a circular Saw will be equally desired by the men in the feel as long as the blades are new. Now which blade will be purchased again is most likely the diablo for its ability to stay sharp and fresh longer. When in the isle searching for a new blade the last thing in your mind is runtime the first is longevity.

• Like 1

One comparison I could see for saw testing is the Milwaukee saws use Milwaukee blades, Flexvolt saws use Flexvolt blades, Makita saws use Makita blades and so on. I would view it as more of a fair comparison than if Flexvolt saws use Flexvolt blades than everyone else uses Diablo blades.

I am with @Bigmikez I am looking forward to this, I am not a contractor and don't need the power but at the moment I just want a 7 1/4 on my 20v line, I brought this up a few months ago. This is overall a good idea as not everyone is a contractor and the homeowner/DIYer might not want a separate battery for their circular saw, if I used it day in and day out then I would go with the flexvolt but when I use the say I need to make sure I can get the job done and I have plenty of 20v batteries to cut up a house :) This is not to say I wont buy a DCS576 when it comes out or the flexvolt track saw but for me and how I use it a 20v saw is enough for me.

• Like 1