Milwaukee v jaw pliers vs Irwin groovelock

MJFelectric

I am looking to replace my Klein klaw pliers.  The grips are terrible on them. I am interested in the Milwaukee pliers and also the Irwin groovlelock pliers. Looking for opinions. I like the fact that both have excellent grips because mine always seem to tear. I wanted to know if the Milwaukee pliers lock onto pipe like the irwins.  

I don't have the Kleins but based on other Kleins I have, you'd be going backwards with Milwaukee or Channellock. Knipex is a big improvement. Alligator or Cobra will be an upgrade..not only are they stronger, the teeth are sharper, and the jaws are more narrow.

• Like 1

honestly i would keep them but the yellow dipped grips are terrible they are cracked and split.  The pliers arent even a year old.  Anyone got a solution to fix them or else i will just go get the cobramatic pliers in a comfort grip.  Comfort grip seems like a beefier grip than the dipped ones. I would try plasti dip but dont know how good it works.

I like the regular grip on the alligators and cobra, it's different than plastic dipped. Sears' Craftsman branded cobras have a different grip, it's smoother, feels like vinyl.

I'd dip the ones you have or tape and dip. The flexseal as seen on tv stuff is nice and thick if you want to give that a go. You could also try bedliner.

I like the regular grip on the alligators and cobra, it's different than plastic dipped. Sears' Craftsman branded cobras have a different grip, it's smoother, feels like vinyl.

I'd dip the ones you have or tape and dip. The flexseal as seen on tv stuff is nice and thick if you want to give that a go. You could also try bedliner.

Yea the dipped knipex handles are on another level lol

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

20 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Here are a close up picture of the different grips

Top to bottom:

Comfort

Plastic

Non-slip plastic

"Craftsman" soft grip.

Here's a pic of the "Craftsman" set:

xhbzey2.jpg

So who's the OEM on these?  Look like cobras!

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

So who's the OEM on these?  Look like cobras!

What Jimbo said, they're made by Knipex. I don't care for the grip but they're a great price when on sale. I ended up putting them back in the packaging and buying the Knipex for the grips because I have a Knipex problem.

What Jimbo said, they're made by Knipex. I don't care for the grip but they're a great price when on sale. I ended up putting them back in the packaging and buying the Knipex for the grips because I have a Knipex problem.

Knipex problem?? Never would have guessed that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1