Q3 / 2017 Australian eBrochure available

midogrumpy

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

would be cool to see a stapler for things like Tyvek and kraft faced insulation. Would be tricky to get compact with a slide pack.

how about the new carbon fiber stapler?  i use it for house wrap.  

its lightweight.  i recommend using at least a 3/8 staple.  the shorter staples seemed to "fall over" more.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Carbon-Fiber-Composite-Hammer-Tacker-DWHT75900/300240997

Does anyone know what the story is with the DCD791 in Oz? 

I just purchased the 796, somewhat because I couldn't easily find a 791 skin (other than US ebay and Melbourne tool sales, which are imported 20v max). No mention of it in the new brochure either. 

On 01/07/2017 at 7:50 PM, midogrumpy said:

Hi,

just published on web today

Q3 / 2017 Australian eBrochure available

==> http://www.dewalt.com.au/interactive/e-brochures/

NO surprises

all stuff we already know about

DCG405 brushless grinder not listed

dcm5712 option with blade (per standard in Europe)

happy reading

mike

18v brushless grinder is maybe available late Q3, if not Q4

11 hours ago, framer said:

how about the new carbon fiber stapler?  i use it for house wrap.  

its lightweight.  i recommend using at least a 3/8 staple.  the shorter staples seemed to "fall over" more.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Carbon-Fiber-Composite-Hammer-Tacker-DWHT75900/300240997

no thanks. I prefer air staplers. much faster in my opinion and doesn't require swinging but if the air hose was replaced with a battery it would be even better.

That carbon fiber stapler is great. ...we have a couple. Yes the air staplers are small , lighter( maybe,) faster ? Depends who is using them..roofers are not going to carry a roofing gun and an air stapler ...they swing baby...and that carbon fiber is  strong, built well and ridiculously light..........

• Like 1

If you had a 20v stapler or a hand stapler which would you use?

Atleast for me I have found air staplers easier and better to use. I would guess someone who is really good at a swing hand stapler would be as fast as some one with an air stapler but for a rookie like me I'm faster using air stapler.

If I'm laying down ice/ water barrier to protect roof sheathing  I'd use a swing stapler,,same if I was shingling a wall.....the convenience of having it hang on your pouch is a time saver, taking off one gun to put on another gun (stapler) then reattaching the siding gun and so on is a money killer......

........bowever stapling down typar or tyvec on a newly built wall an air stapler is faster because the wall is laying on the deck......of course we don't use typar or tyvec for years...we use Zip Plywood with Zip tape on the seams....

.......now if someone can make a 20v stapler smaller then the Milwaukee and fast ...maybe you got something there...

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

If I'm laying down ice/ water barrier to protect roof sheathing  I'd use a swing stapler,,same if I was shingling a wall.....the convenience of having it hang on your pouch is a time saver, taking off one gun to put on another gun (stapler) then reattaching the siding gun and so on is a money killer......

........bowever stapling down typar or tyvec on a newly built wall an air stapler is faster because the wall is laying on the deck......of course we don't use typar or tyvec for years...we use Zip Plywood with Zip tape on the seams....

.......now if someone can make a 20v stapler smaller then the Milwaukee and fast ...maybe you got something there...

i've seen the zip system advertised, but no one around my area has ever used it.  how much do sheets of zip sheathing cost?  does the tape hold up?

do you have to do anything with the exposed heads?

Zip is king....the plywood is coated with a water shield ,tape the seams properly as to shed water and they seams hold up well,like months if needed before shingles go on. Red coating for roof ply and Green coated for walls...the exposed nail head generally don't leak (unless you miss a rafter when nailing) ...it does cost more 25%...but you save money buy not leaving exposed cdx ply to the sun and weather...unless your roofer shingles right away...as you know exposed ply ,buckles and delaminates........

Get a Stinger manual stapler. Awesome tool for housewrap and roofing underlayment!! The caps do jamb a litte bit even with that way faster and easier than hand nailing or dragging a hose around.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stinger-CH38-Cap-Hammer-0136400/203583567?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cG%7cBase%7cPLA%7cD25T%7cTools&gclid=CjwKCAjwhYLLBRBIEiwAtFeED-V6AKygFsPfwPqYKlE_RCLbWkzhj4_Spq8UWnCAfv4jG40p6_pWZhoCStkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk