dewalt, are you listening?

framer

Seeing as a 20v Max model would be weaker than the DCS575 and Makita rear handle, what fanfare would there be in releasing that? It's great for the guys who want one but there would be 0 bragging rights, and company marketing departments are all about that. 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Seeing as a 20v Max model would be weaker than the DCS575 and Makita rear handle, what fanfare would there be in releasing that? It's great for the guys who want one but there would be 0 bragging rights, and company marketing departments are all about that. 

Yep, the only possible way to make it would be dual 20v and any hope some might have had for 2x 20's went out the window with FV. 

Personally a left blade FV saw would be a very welcome addition to my tools.

I don't really know why they would make this a 20v? So it won't even be close to the Makita or their Flexvolt in terms of power? I guess if they were going to do it, just make the rear handle a Flexvolt? The 2x20v batteries would work, but isn't that just going to piss everyone off? First they make the Flexvolt instead of upgrading their 20V, then they make it so you have to have two batteries to run one tool to be competitive? I could be way off base, just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Any info if the rear handle flex is much more powerful then the flex circ ?

I don't really expect "much" more powerful, I would expect a slight bump but I think form factor is the main thing to write home about. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

Pfft, and tell me when has Dewalt ever thought their recip's were worthy of bragging rights? Every brand has duds that never seem to quite get it right even for generations. 

Only reason I asked is because nobody had confirmed till now if it was going to be flex or not and that's why I asked. The motors in the outgoing 6.5" are at least 2 years old now and there's always room for improvement. Larger blade diameter results in more rotating mass and faster tooth speed meaning a gear reduction would increase torque without the sacrifice of cutting speed overall. I'm not an engineer but I'd bet money a 20v 7.25" would absolutely work if they wanted it too. 

If you told me a few years ago they'd have a 1 1/8in SDS Plus out here performing better than a corded tool of the same class with 20v I'd have laughed. 

Jokes on me. 

17 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Any info if the rear handle flex is much more powerful then the flex circ ?

I saw this saw (lol) a few weeks ago. It's basically a DWS535 form factor flexvolt saw (rafter hook, etc). I was told the the motor is identical to the DCS575. Battery pocket sits in front of the handle. I'm guessing we'll see an announcement soon. 

1 hour ago, More^×2U said:

I saw this saw (lol) a few weeks ago. It's basically a DWS535 form factor flexvolt saw (rafter hook, etc). I was told the the motor is identical to the DCS575. Battery pocket sits in front of the handle. I'm guessing we'll see an announcement soon. 

Is the motor not brushless?

@jkeating3The DCS575 is the FlexVolt sidewinder, which is brushless, and apparently the identical motor to the new rear handle.

@Hugh Jass if that were the case Milwaukee likely would have solved that mystery 3 years ago with the 2731 instead of making a competent sidewinder with less-than-corded torque and rpm. Dewalt's marketing department finally has something to get out of bed for so it's pretty unlikely they don't pursue "power of corded, freedom of cordless" with this rear handle saw. 

• Like 1

I will say that I hope the rear-handle has a different shoe than the DCS575. The FlexVolt sidewinder is my favorite saw, but it's not perfect. It feels like there's more friction to the shoe than I've experienced with other saws. Also, while the dark color of the shoe looks badass, in low-to-medium light situations it can be an absolute PITA to see the measurements on. Similar complaint for depth adjustment. 

• Like 1

@Bremon Concur. Best cordless circular saw I have used, at this point. Smooth, powerful, good runtime, etc. Also, I like their safety switch and starting mechanism better than say Milwaukee too. I am with you... since the only real complaint that I have and have heard is the depth adjustment. Hopefully we are not the only two with this complaint and they make the appropriate changes with their future saws.

• Like 2

Depth adjustment ? Your having problems with the knob ? Or you use the numbers on the adjustment arm to set depth and you can't see them ? ..We never use that feature . We set depth by placing the saw on the material being cut lower blade and tighten,,,test cut and adjust if necessary......stock never comes what width it's suppose to...half in ply is not really a half in..and so on......

• Like 2

Oh, @Bremon ..ya I agree with that. ..True True...I also had to reset the depth lever ,because if you tighten it down the lever would hit the base before the shoe was actually tight,,pick up the saw the base would fall down....but that's np...real happy with its performance.....waiting for the rear handle (even though it's not my thing) just to try it out....

17 hours ago, More^×2U said:

was it pretty? where did you see it?  and why is there no info or pics yet????:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, framer said:

was it pretty? where did you see it?  and why is there no info or pics yet????:rolleyes:

Field testing. I believe Dewalt has already released a Model# several months ago. DCS577. Looked pretty enough to me. If you use their worm drive ac saw dws535, minus some weight, you'll feel right at home I think. It might share some components with it ( shoe, guard etc). Pics aren't allowed when you field test. 

• Like 1