Bag or bagless

Turner85

Not specifically a question for festool users but ive just ordered the ctm36 ac hd and was wondering what people do while planing doors. Stay bagged or go bagless since its not entirely dusty work especially when planing down pine doors. I mean the way some door frames are fitted i end up planing a ton off doors. I could fill a black refuse bag with shavings some days. I didnt order the vac just for this purpose, but since my cordless dewalt planer blocks almost constantly with pine even while taking the bare minimum off im gonna need to connect it up to the vac and dont wanna fill bags with shavings in no time

16 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

You need a bag or a filter other wise everything you suck in the vac would blow right back out

Like most shop vacs, you can run the Festool dust extractors with or without the disposable dust bag installed.  The bags aren't cheap, but you don't buy into Festool to cut costs.

Personally, I always run with the bag to cut down on mess when changing time comes, but then again, I've got a dust deputy on top of my CT36, so I've yet to have to change the bag on the DC itself.

Like most shop vacs, you can run the Festool dust extractors with or without the disposable dust bag installed.  The bags aren't cheap, but you don't buy into Festool to cut costs.

Personally, I always run with the bag to cut down on mess when changing time comes, but then again, I've got a dust deputy on top of my CT36, so I've yet to have to change the bag on the DC itself.

Ah understood, I was thinking of my RIDGID vac no filter it's just a dust pump ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk