Automatic Dust Collection Question

Ryan Jacob

Been looking at automated solutions for triggering a shop vac when a saw is turned on (either a table saw or miter saw).  I found this:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/ivac-automated-shop-vacuum-switch?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgIPOBRDnARIsAHA1X3Tvt_9fc06KOGEv2S94fgohYC14Ij-MfSga31ywhMX174WTTAwHTd0aAsbfEALw_wcB

The only problem I have with this is I have been considering getting a cordless miter saw because there are times where having a cordless saw would come in handy.  Right now it looks like the Dewalt is the only cordless saw that has the option of an AC adapter but I really want the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 10 inch miter saw.  I contacted Milwaukee yesterday to see if they were planning on offering an AC adapter option but I got a response from one of their Customer Experience advisers and they said as of right now they haven't been told of anything like this from their product team.  I'd seen where Makita is going to release a cordless saw that will have bluetooth built in, but this would only work with their own dust collection system, which would probably be another $500!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas??

6 hours ago, Ryan Jacob said:

Been looking at automated solutions for triggering a shop vac when a saw is turned on (either a table saw or miter saw).  I found this:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/ivac-automated-shop-vacuum-switch?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgIPOBRDnARIsAHA1X3Tvt_9fc06KOGEv2S94fgohYC14Ij-MfSga31ywhMX174WTTAwHTd0aAsbfEALw_wcB

The only problem I have with this is I have been considering getting a cordless miter saw because there are times where having a cordless saw would come in handy.  Right now it looks like the Dewalt is the only cordless saw that has the option of an AC adapter but I really want the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 10 inch miter saw.  I contacted Milwaukee yesterday to see if they were planning on offering an AC adapter option but I got a response from one of their Customer Experience advisers and they said as of right now they haven't been told of anything like this from their product team.  I'd seen where Makita is going to release a cordless saw that will have bluetooth built in, but this would only work with their own dust collection system, which would probably be another $500!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas??

Did I hear the Metabo extractor is activated using vibration of the tool running? Might be an option?