Dewalt 3ah slim pack ??

Craigh9916

I'm not too familiar with impact drivers but a quick look on the homepage says, there is the DCF887 rated at 400W output power, so the single row 20700 3Ah Pack would be perfect for this tool. It can supply enough power to get the tools full potential and be still quite compact.

Although the 3Ah version would be a very nice fit for my DCH253 small SDS Plus and my DCD795 compact drill i can use these with my 4,0Ah Packs to their full potential, so I don't know if I go for these. But when the DCG405 (125mm angle grinder) comes around with 1000W imput power rating the 4,0Ah would hold the tool back. And this grinder looks so nice I see very small chances that I can resist getting it (sorry wallet). The 18V 6,0Ah battery would be a perfect fit for that kind of power, and if DeWalt doesn't give these to europe at least we can buy a 3,0Ah and easily modify it to a 6,0Ah.

I wish I didn't just go ahead buy 3 of the 2.0ah!

They have been on sale for a few months now. I should have seen this as a sign that something new is coming out. Although who knows when AUS will get these.

I love Dewalt tools but why do their batteries look like something off my nephew's toy drill?

Dewalt styling is also kind of random. Compare the new 6.0ah to this one and the Flexvolts. Every battery looks different.

As long as they are tough it doesn't matter. Great news. I hope the others follow with new compacts soon.

So is anyone gunna comment on the fact that it's a black top and not yellow?

DeWalt identifies their premium batteries by making them yellow topped, could this mean there is a future 4 or 5ah slim pack in the future?

• Like 1

Hopefully @Cr8ondt is right then and we get 4.0 batteries, but then we would also get 8.0 full size? I doubt they'd pull that because Milwaukee would use it to market that they have a 9.0 and DeWalt has an 8.0. So maybe 5.0 slim and 10.0? More likely DeWalt does something similar to this for all battery related decisions. 

https://youtu.be/wz-PtEJEaqY

11 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Hopefully @Cr8ondt is right then and we get 4.0 batteries, but then we would also get 8.0 full size? I doubt they'd pull that because Milwaukee would use it to market that they have a 9.0 and DeWalt has an 8.0. So maybe 5.0 slim and 10.0? More likely DeWalt does something similar to this for all battery related decisions. 

https://youtu.be/wz-PtEJEaqY

IF... IF 4.0 then 8.0 would be in the same form factor of the 6.0, ie 10 cell 20700 vs Milwaukee 15 cell 18650.... Marketing may get a one up but I see DeWalt with the real world advantage. Don't get me wrong I'd rather have it be 5/10.0.... imagine a 5.0 slim pack!!!!!

1 hour ago, Cr8ondt said:

IF... IF 4.0 then 8.0 would be in the same form factor of the 6.0, ie 10 cell 20700 vs Milwaukee 15 cell 18650.... Marketing may get a one up but I see DeWalt with the real world advantage. Don't get me wrong it rather 5/10.0.... imagine a 5.0 slim pack!!!!!

Oh damn I really didn't think that through. You are correct. I'm so down for a 5.0 slim pack.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:29 AM, Cr8ondt said:

So is anyone gunna comment on the fact that it's a black top and not yellow?

DeWalt identifies their premium batteries by making them yellow topped, could this mean there is a future 4 or 5ah slim pack in the future?

4 amp 20700 cells should be by the end of 2018 ( for Bosch atleast) so very possible :)

Now I’d take that @Jronman....personally and all the guys I know really don’t care about battery size , ok to a point,(not a car battery size) but ya a 3/9ah slim would be great ,  but the same size 12ah would be great too....I don’t know all the cell lingo or how big you can go with 20700cells .....but if they can get to a 5ah in Flexvolt size then that would be big enough for all day with two...