M12 Tool Price

jtkendall

I have someone who might want to buy my M12 tools, their stuff was recently stolen so I’d like to try and give them a good deal since I have replaced some of the stuff recently with newer tools. I have a brushed M12 drill driver (2407-20), a brushed M12 Impact (2462-20), and a brushed M12 Hackzall (2420-20), plus a charger, three brand new 1.5ah batteries (replaced under warranty), and a contractor bag.

What do you all think would be a fair price? I was thinking $150 since the batteries are new. That gives me enough or almost enough money to buy a replacement drill from Makita, Milwaukee, or Dewalt since it’s the one tool I haven’t replaced.

I’d probably throw in a set of impact bits and a set of drill bits if he needs them.

Drill is about $30

Impact is about $40

Hackzall is $35-45

Batteries $20 each

BUT you can also buy the Drill, Impact two 1.5 batteries, bag, charger and get a free tool or 6.0 battery for $100 a couple times a year from HD. So you add in one extra battery to that cost.

Depends on how good of a friend, I don't think $150 is unreasonable. Each of the above options takes work, you can't just go to HD on a random Tuesday and get those prices. You can see the top one pretty regular on eBay but you never know condition or how new the batteries are, even in a blister pack. A bit set definitely makes the deal more appealing...I have all those tools, two of the drills, not to mention the M12 Fuel and three M18 drills and I STILL wouldn't sell the m12 drill for $30. in fact, I wouldn't sell any of those tools for the going rate on eBay.

After talking with @justinkendall I’m going to actually just give the guy the M12 tools. He’s a commercial electrician who was just starting out, he’s my cousin’s cousin from the other side of her family, and since she’s my tool rep she’s going to get me a deal on a 18 or 20v drill. He’s also getting my insulated Witte screwdrivers since Shop Your Way points paid for them and I’ve used only the Phillips one once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtkendall said:

After talking with @justinkendall I’m going to actually just give the guy the M12 tools. He’s a commercial electrician who was just starting out, he’s my cousin’s cousin from the other side of her family, and since she’s my tool rep she’s going to get me a deal on a 18 or 20v drill. He’s also getting my insulated Witte screwdrivers since Shop Your Way points paid for them and I’ve used only the Phillips one once.

Dude, that's awesome of you!