Poor choice by my boss

Jronman

I'm not doing it or any of the crew. Just the 70+ year old boss. Says it is ok for him to remove it because he is already old. Says closing off the room then wetting the insulation should be enough. Then he will double bag it. Apparently double bagging it is ok? 

• Confused 1

Does this really surprise you?  Very common for small jobs. Just spray it with some water, wear a tyvek suit and mask, double bag it and throw it in the trash along with the suit and mask.  I'm not saying its right, just the way its done.  When I came across it on small home renovations of my own, it always seemed to disappear over night.

Does this really surprise you?  Very common for small jobs. Just spray it with some water, wear a tyvek suit and mask, double bag it and throw it in the trash along with the suit and mask.  I'm not saying its right, just the way its done.  When I came across it on small home renovations of my own, it always seemed to disappear over night.
It sounds like we have been on the same job sites

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The right way to do it is cover all walls/floors/ceilings of the work area with plastic to make the area air and water tight, setup an air purifier, wear a full body suit with respirator then go through a 3 stage entrance system to ensure no contaminants are leaked and theres also some kind of worker washing station too. Just information I got from a asbestos removal video I watched. I doubt my boss will wear any ppe but I heard plastic did go up. Far as I know we have no air cleaner and it is unlikely he would use one or go out and buy one.  I passed by the jobsite today and didn't see his vehicle there which was good I hope. Most places probably require certification to legally remove it