36v reciprocating saw

Tx_woodworker

I saw it, picked it up etc.

How much more power and lasting ability does this have over my brushed makita with a single 5.0 pack?

I have some issues with this 36v model.

First to adjust the shoe theres a hex screw in front, not tooless and second those two packs on the bottom made it heavy.

I dont have a corded recip saw but,  I think I can get by with my brushed model for demo, steel cutting, and other projects.

@M80 Not all of the versions of that saw were toolless. Different countries received different configurations. The one I have is as the OP described, and requires a hex key to adjust the shoe. I have used mine to cut through four inch iron pipe without any issue, but do not have a single battery model to directly compare it too power wise. It is a heavy tool for what it does and I plan on picking up a compact recip in the near future for lighter workloads.

Apologies, Tx_woodworker. I was at HD today and checked out the display. The box shows the tool less shoe adjustment, but the display model has a hex bolt adjustment. Weird. My XRJ05 has a tool less adjustment, Makitas website says the same for the XRJ06. Actually, I would rather have the hex bolt. I have already had problems with the lever. Other than that ussue I love it.

• 2 weeks later...