DCS391 skill saw dies super fast

BruceG24

I have a cordless 20v max skill saw. 

Less than a year old and haven't used it much. 

20v lithium batteries work totally fine on my drill. 

My problem is whenever I use one of my 20v batteries freshly and fully charge with my saw, it dies in less than 2 mins. 

I can't cut 5 ft of 3/4" soft pine board and it dies. I'm using a blade for wood cutting too. 

The blade does not freely spin like on my ryobi. Don't know if that matters. 

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking I need bigger batteries or a new saw. 

20180614_191853.jpg

There could be a problem with your saw, but I think bigger batteries would resolve this issue.  The battery you have on the saw is a 1.5Ah (or maybe 1.3Ah), which is about the smallest capacity you can get.  My old Porter Cable ran okay with its 1.3Ah batteries, but compared to a 4+Ah those tiny batteries are almost useless on something like a saw.

10 minutes ago, Babysaw said:

Im curious Joe, do you still get the factory warranty buying off eBay? I’ve been tempted by eBay retailers a few times.

Normally the larger companies go date stamped on batteries and tools by sn which lets them know how long warranty is for. Recon is different.

5 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Normally the larger companies go date stamped on batteries and tools by sn which lets them know how long warranty is for. Recon is different.

Sorry, I’m not fully understanding you. Are you saying if I buy from a larger retailer on eBay, new, that the serial number will be in dewalts system and I’m good to go? 

What I am saying is if you buy off any retailer, a larger brand tool, those tools are date stamped. For instance if you purchase a Milwaukee tool and it is not working for some reason, Milwaukee will generally take the tool in for repair or replacement because they go off of the serial number. Dewalt is much the same. If it is a recon tool it comes with a different warranty and the tool serial number is listed as a recon.

Same with Dewalt. I purchased a flexvolt tool and battery for eBay. The tool worked great but the battery failed. Dewalt graciously took in the battery and gave me a new one because it was date stamped and that is how they determine how old the battery or tool is

Okay, last question: do you have to offer proof of purchase upon use of warranty? Meaning, I buy a drill from a pawnshop, immediately warranty it, would a pawn shop receipt work or must I be original purchaser? Thanks for your patience explaining this to me 

• Like 1

If the tool is within warranty period by date of manufacture, you do not need proof of purchase for a warranty claim. If you are within warranty period from date of purchase but not from date of manufacture and want to make a warranty claim you will have to provide proof of purchase from an authorized retailer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, Babysaw said:

Sorry, I’m not fully understanding you. Are you saying if I buy from a larger retailer on eBay, new, that the serial number will be in dewalts system and I’m good to go? 

Yes. The serial number on the tool includes a manufactured date that’s generally the week and year ie 4617 or something like that. I rarely keep receipts because I only lose a few months of warranty. Receipts are more important to me on Dewalt and Makita because of 3 year warranty rather than Milwaukee with 5. 

Register it on the dewalt website. I have been doing that to help keep track of purchase date and then I can go back and find the receipt on my HD account. Also as far as picking up anew battery goes, you would probably benefit the most from capitalizing on one of the flexvolt deals. That way down the road if you get one of those tools you already have a battery.

HOME DEPOT
Flexvolt 6/2 ah - $150
20v max 5 ah - $140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk