M12 Battery Heads Up

crazyandy

I have had my M12 impact for about 2 years now and I use it every day at work. What has been happening now is that from pulling the battery packs out of the charger every day the plastic tabs on the battery that hold sections together have broke off and the black part that clips into the drill has come off from the battery itself. Nothing alittle 2 part epoxy cant fix but just watch out and take them out of the charger nicely!

Scratch together $99 bucks, go to Home Depot buy the M12 Screwdriver. You will get two batteries in the kit and a free 2.0 ah battery. 3 batteries for under $100 bucks. I'm talking about the old M12, not the one they just did the review on. I saw in another post how you kind of wanted more batteries than two. But to be honest, one of my batteries did the same thing. The one I got with my hackzall was kind of loose, I am OCD and it really bothers me. I'm gonna just live with it, but you are not alone in that problem. The worst part is that I've only had that battery for over a month.

I find it hard to get the side tabs pushed in enough to get the batt off.  I have 3-4 1.5 and 2-3 3.0 batteries and have found a good smack with the palm of your hand to get it seated back on and then it should come off but I have never had them fall out of any of my m12 tools.  I think the 3.0 batt are easier to get off than the 1.5.

On another note, I was a little disappointed in the m12 hacksawzall and bought the m18 version to go with it.  I also have the m18 and m12 compact bandsaws and they both have their purpose.

I have two "Red Lithium" batteries that are solid as a rock, they are the older style. However, my Red Lithium that is newer(changed the styling on the back) and the 2.0 battery I got for free don't feel as solid and one is already wobbly as hell. Must have changed factories in China.

I have two "Red Lithium" batteries that are solid as a rock, they are the older style. However, my Red Lithium that is newer(changed the styling on the back) and the 2.0 battery I got for free don't feel as solid and one is already wobbly as hell. Must have changed factories in China.

I'd be very surprised if they changed manufacturers.

I love my little m12 hackzall. I do like the features of the Dewalt though also the how it pivots is pretty awesome. My plan is to have as few battery platforms as possible. It' would be pretty cool if Milwaukee made an adapter to use 2 m12 batteries on an m12 tool like makita has with the 2 18 volts equaling 36 volts. The only problem I see with my idea is the tool could be awkward to use unless you could figure out a good slidepack to the m12 plug style converter.