McCULLOCH M32 Backpack Blower

firefighter4187

I inherited it from a client which said it doesn't run but i thought I would give it a try, I put on a new spark plug, new gas and it would start and run for 10 seconds and then stop...I then replaced the cracked bubble and now I cant even get it to start at all... Any help?

How long did it sit idle? I had a push mower like that once. The problem ended up being that the primer bulb I installed was completely seated. If you get the make and model of the carb you can probably get a whole new one for $30 or less. Your issue is definitely with the fuel delivery. Does it have an inline fuel filter on it? I'm guessing it doesn't, but if it does, replace it or bypass it. When you put the primer bulb in did you mess with the carb at all?

And as DR99 said, it could just be plugged. Those little carbs have very tiny jets and are extremely sensitive to dirt. They are also very easily plugged if gas sits in the for a long period of time, say over a year or so.

How about put some of that fuel stabilizer in it. Well the new carb or rebuild would be better but just thinking a quick simplle fix. I am such a believer of bad gas now. When i bought my pressure washer brand new, and left it for two weeks with gas in it. I went to start it and it was smoking and would only run for about 10 seconds. Like yours. This was a brand new Honda engine. I put new gas in it and it purred like a kitten. No smoke

For any small engine at the house I use 100% gas.  This was advice I received from friend who runs a small two man lawn mowing service. We've got one station left that is nearby that sells it.  All of the other gas stations are selling gas/ethanol blends.  Look around and you should be able to find someone selling 100% gas.  It will probably be 10% more or so in price, but for your small engines it is worth it.