Jump to content

Ways to find the best Plumber


TomNevell

Recommended Posts

Getting professional plumbing service isn’t difficult now, you can get it anytime whenever you need it. There are many ways through which you can find them for your need like you can select them through references by your friends and relatives or you can find them online. There you’ll read reviews through which it’ll be easy for you to select them. Before hiring any plumber for your need keep some important things in mind so that you will have the best plumbing service during an emergency. After calling them, first thing you need to ask them about their license and certification after that talk to them about their experience and their previous work. From these things, it will be easy to know whether these plumbers are able to handle that particular problem or not as there are many problems that plumbers can deal with. Only experienced and licensed plumbers can deal with those problems easily without creating any mess. They will respond to your problems immediately even if they are busy and always make sure talk to them directly about the problem so that they will explain you everything better and you’ll gain a better understanding of that particular problem. Don’t ever try to hire the first plumber you call, at least go for two to three plumbers and then talk to them one by one. Compare their prices and choose the one with the best quote. If you’re planning for renovation in your home, always sign a contract first and mention all the necessary things in it so that they will do everything right as mentioned in the contract at the given price.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Usually the best contractors don't advertise, it's word of mouth. They have worked with each other so they know who is good and who isn't. Electricians and plumbers especially work together.

You can ask your neighbors but you need to know someone that is also a contractor. If you don't know any contractors stop at a job site. Don't bother with cheap housing or large high rise projects...They are fast not the best. And ask more than one so they are not just recommending a brother or cousin.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, paulengr said:

Usually the best contractors don't advertise, it's word of mouth. They have worked with each other so they know who is good and who isn't. Electricians and plumbers especially work together.

^ this
Good good word-of-mouth recommendations are much better than any ad you can see. Ask your neighbors, and recommend plumbers/electricians you liked. It's hard to find one, especially if you're inexperienced, so as paulengr be extremely careful with "relatives". 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I have never been looking for a plumber. I think the plumber is a person that everyone knows. He doesn't need any advertising or anything like that. If something is wrong, I won't go to internet, I will ask friends or neighbours. But I have never asked a license, thank you for posting, It was informative.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, TomNevell said:

Getting professional plumbing service isn’t difficult now, you can get it anytime whenever you need it. There are many ways through which you can find them for your need like you can select them through references by your friends and relatives or you can find them online. There you’ll read reviews through which it’ll be easy for you to select them. Before hiring any plumber for your need keep some important things in mind so that you will have the best plumbing service during an emergency. After calling them, first thing you need to ask them about their license and certification after that talk to them about their experience and their previous work. From these things, it will be easy to know whether these plumbers are able to handle that particular problem or not as there are many problems that plumbers can deal with. Only experienced and licensed plumbers can deal with those problems easily without creating any mess. They will respond to your problems immediately even if they are busy and always make sure talk to them directly about the problem so that they will explain you everything better and you’ll gain a better understanding of that particular problem. Don’t ever try to hire the first plumber you call, at least go for two to three plumbers and then talk to them one by one. Compare their prices and choose the one with the best quote. If you’re planning for renovation in your home, always sign a contract first and mention all the necessary things in it so that they will do everything right as mentioned in the contract at the given price.

 

Thanks for the info!

It is very helpful because not everyone can be so handy and fix something by himself. In this case, we need to find a good plumber because otherwise it can be very expensive to redo everything after someone with not really good skills. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a good plumber these days due to fake reviews.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi, everybody. Glad, that I found a right thread. Hope, you can help me.

The last couple of days, when I press the flush button in the toilet, all the water swirls around the bowl, rises a little, and leaves. Of course, at first, I worked with a plunger, then I just took everything apart. There are no things inside the toilet that would interfere with the passage of water, the corrugation is all clean and goes to the riser pipe. That is, there is definitely no blockage in my apartment. I even bought a plumbing cable and checked it in case. Everything is clear.

I took a 6-liter bucket. I took some water into it and poured it into the toilet - the water leaves, it doesn't even rise. That is, wash it off with a bucket - everything is fine.

What can be wrong? I still had the idea to replace the entire mechanism, which is carried out by flushing, but my friends are convincing that this is not the case. I even tried to fill the whole tank and not press the flush button, but pull out the whole mechanism abruptly in order to let the water flow, but there is no difference, it starts to spin.

Is it a reason to buy a new toilet? I have been already reading some reviews.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.

 

Not clear from the reply what problem exists, as it appears that the toilet always flushes, or does "rises a little, and leaves" mean w/o flushing the bowl?

 

If the drain is proper and unobstructed, as indicated by the bucket dump into the bowl test, then everything is pointing to the toilet. Even the manual flapper pull test is pointing to a poor toilet.

 

Has the toilet always been problematic or is this new?

 

All that being said, yes a different toilet will have different flush characteristic. All the new toilets save water. Many have dual mode flushes, for solid or liquid removal. The wife prefers the tall toilets.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

 

Not clear from the reply what problem exists, as it appears that the toilet always flushes, or does "rises a little, and leaves" mean w/o flushing the bowl?

 

If the drain is proper and unobstructed, as indicated by the bucket dump into the bowl test, then everything is pointing to the toilet. Even the manual flapper pull test is pointing to a poor toilet.

 

Has the toilet always been problematic or is this new?

 

All that being said, yes a different toilet will have different flush characteristic. All the new toilets save water. Many have dual mode flushes, for solid or liquid removal. The wife prefers the tall toilets.

My toilet is rather old. Probably I should just replace it with a new one, it would be much easier..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

To find the best plumber, you need to know the opinions of different customers. Some plumbers do quality work for some customers and not others. Usually, when choosing a plumber, I always check his experience; the more experience, the more likely he will do the job qualitatively. I usually do light plumbing work myself. Recently I needed to check if the french drain was working, and I learned how to tell if french drain is working without the help of a specialist. It's actually pretty easy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Valentine1983 said:

To find the best plumber, you need to know the opinions of different customers. Some plumbers do quality work for some customers and not others.

Welcome to the forum.

 

My beautiful daughter gets everything she wants by batting her eyelashes... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    16,970
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    Dewaltjobboxneeded
    Newest Member
    Dewaltjobboxneeded
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...