impact driver bits

banjerpicker

There are lots of US made drill bits. Chicago-Latrobe, Norseman, Viking, and even some of the Irwin Hanson bits are USA made.

The only impact bits that come to mind are Apex brand. I'm sure there are probably others, but not that I can name off the top of my head.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally wasn't a fan of the Milwaukee Shockwave bits the were ok but wore out pretty fast. I did pick up some of the Dewalt Flextorque impact bits and I was happy with them I can't remember if they were made in the USA though. They really don't make it easy to find!

I use Makita Gold, and to confirm what has been already said...they kick ass! Haven't broke one yet, haven't seen any signs of them wearing out, and I'm fairly brutal to them sometimes. I use Dewalt impact bits at work, and within the time-frame of a few days I've snapped the tips off of two Philips bits, and a coworker has snapped one off too. That was using a Dewalt impact and the tips snapped off doing simple work like putting lath screws into racking. The two tips I broke off broke before the screw even hit bottom.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally wasn't a fan of the Milwaukee Shockwave bits the were ok but wore out pretty fast. I did pick up some of the Dewalt Flextorque impact bits and I was happy with them I can't remember if they were made in the USA though. They really don't make it easy to find!

Here is a good breakdown of the bits, I also shared my experience in the page.  

https://www.facebook.com/protoolreviews/posts/10152304338508003