Hello from so cal

8tenz

Was just browsing and was quite impressed and immediately joined.  I'm also a newbie to cordless power tools and am excited and am looking forward for the education on real world experience from you regular users. 

My new toy is a Hitachi DV18DBL brushless hammer drill.  Old one is a Makita corded.  I'm just a homeowner who has this thing about tools.

Welcome to our forum. What are your hobbies and interest?

I don't see myself as a collector of anything, but still I treasure my accumulation of hp calculators, guns, watches, heck, even three stray mutts.  My interest in my power drill is from trying to drill something far from an outlet and my Makita's cord is 1,497 feet too short.  But hey, I don't know too many guys who don't dig tools of any kind. My interests are many, too numerous to list here.  I see myself as somewhat of a half-assed Renaissance Man. 

• Like 1

We can work with that. What kind of watches do you like?

The kind I can't afford.  My best is a Tissot with a Valjoux (sp?) 7750 chrono self winder movement, and a titanium Citizen Blue Angels. I wear a Casio atomic/solar at work.  Work, oh yea, I drive a truck local here in so cal.

I wear a Seiko Grand Sport Titanium. Not a high end watch, but I like it. I came crazy close to buying a Rolex Air King last year. If the shop's credit card system hadn't been down I'd have it on as we speak. 

I really want a Ball Engineer II. Hard to find, but man are the awesome. 

Know several guys that collect railroad pocket watches. I've seen lots of Ball, Hamilton, Elgin, Howard, Illinois, etc. It's an expensive hobby. 

Ball, ooohhh yea.  I had to settle for a Luminox.  Rolex still makes their own movement.  I drooled over, er, I mean seen Ball Watches on rightime.com.  Seiko makes a hardy automatic.  A lot of divers won't wear anything else.  I have a number of Seiko quartz and they're pretty much bullet proof.

Welcome.  Sorry to change topics, but with regards to guns I have a question.  I bought my first ar-15, it's a Colt 6920.  It says I can use 223 or 556 Nato.  Do you know if there is a difference or what one is better?

Here's a good article on it. My brother had the same question and the conclusion that he came to is that with a Colt or Sig you can safely use with as they are specifically designed for both due to military use. Some of the cheaper models like Bushmaster, not so much.

http://www.humanevents.com/2011/02/15/223-remington-vs-556-nato-what-you-dont-know-could-hurt-you/

Welcome.  Sorry to change topics, but with regards to guns I have a question.  I bought my first ar-15, it's a Colt 6920.  It says I can use 223 or 556 Nato.  Do you know if there is a difference or what one is better?

It gets complicated, but you'll be fine with either.  My ar is a Mini 14.

I found out in the '80s when I was living in Texas that a S&W 44 mag can be used as a drill after I had an AD.  I didn't mic it, but there appeared to be a neat .429 inch hole in the linolium

I read that some anit gunners say our guns are just a symbol of our you-know-what.  Looking at my new Hitachi drill, I think there may be something to that.