Where to buy the old style m12 batteries

Orchard hill farm

My guess is you're talking about an "xc" battery which is the same as any other m12 redlithium battery , just a larger square base with more runtime.  They still make these xc batteries (3.0, 4.0 or 6.0ah) and they should be available pretty much anywhere m12 tools are.  To my knowledge there aren't any m12 tools that aren't compatible with all m12 batteries especially in the last 4 years.  If the "xc" batteries aren't what you're talking about and it's truly a different battery it's possible you have some kind of knockoff.

• Thanks 1

As Biggie stated, all M12 batteries should be compatible.  Some of the newer packs like 6.0Ah ones may not fit some old tools, as when M12 was released in the late 2000s they probably didn't imagine that battery technology and capacity would grow so quickly (both DeWalt 20v Max and M18 have some tools that are incompatible with their larger batteries).

M12 has been around so long that it's difficult to find reference to earlier 12v systems, but I found this replacement Ni-Cad battery.  If any of those style of tools were still being sold even ten years ago, though, I'd be surprised.