I have no idea why DeWALT stopped making this tool?!!!

Altan

4 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Had the first generation Dewalt and it was awful.  Very cool with the Makita, never knew they had one out.  However I am on the same page and I have my old school Bosch, along with my Franklin stud finder and both do a great job for what I need.

The first one was DCT418 I think and this one was DCT419. Both almost the same I think. None of them was working well it seems. Maybe that is why they stopped them?! This Makita one seems to have more options than the DeWALT one and it is 18V if you are just on 18V platform. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wingless said:

Wow, a heck of a tool at a heck of a price. (At least it can also substitute as a medical ultra sound tool for imaging in vitro babies).

My Bosch GMS120 plus my very old school stud finder are more than sufficient for my needs when working on existing construction.

46623027651_88cca03eb5_b.jpg

32748822938_bd9a99864a_b.jpg

DeWALT and Makita ones are not just for finding studs, Bosch also had (still have) a 12V version of this tool and prices for all are high. 

Bosch 12V Wall Scanner .jpg