Would be nice to have a DeWALT Toughsystem work bench

Altan

I would like to have a flat work bench like this (20-25mm thick) made of plastic which can be used with two Toughsystem boxes using the yellow catch clips to keep it stable. That would be so simple to make for DeWALT and the best work bench for the ones who are on Toughsystem platform.

Dewalt Tough System Tool Box Compatible Table Platform.jpg

• 1 year later...

My VERY BEST workbench was one I constructed for work.

The top was genuine butcher block and the base was four steel four drawer cabinets, each filled w/ labeled compartment bins of metal hardware, like screws and nuts.

That thing was sooo solid!

• Like 1

the Tough system 2.0 dxl work top is the only one I have seen. I wonder when it will arrive. Would be nice to have a more traditional wooden top that is replaceable for the Tough System 2.0 DXL. One a user deems the top to be retired after too many screw holes or whatever just cut a new top.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:24 PM, Jronman said:

the Tough system 2.0 dxl work top is the only one I have seen. I wonder when it will arrive. Would be nice to have a more traditional wooden top that is replaceable for the Tough System 2.0 DXL. One a user deems the top to be retired after too many screw holes or whatever just cut a new top.

End of Q2 for release.  At least one video on youtube from World of Concrete's demo shows a plywood top

6 hours ago, jslsker said:

End of Q2 for release.  At least one video on youtube from World of Concrete's demo shows a plywood top

yup I watched one too. Looks like q3 is a possibility too. The plywood top didn't look like a special worktop. Looked like maybe it sets in the recessed area of the DXL Worktop. While DeWALT showed you can put a piece of plywood on the DXL Worktop they did not specify if there will be a precut one available or if the user has to make their own. Should be easy to make by the user especially if they got scraps laying around.

On 2/1/2024 at 3:11 PM, jslsker said:

Yes, the video from VCG construction, I think shows that. 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:09 PM, Jronman said:

yup I watched one too. Looks like q3 is a possibility too. The plywood top didn't look like a special worktop. Looked like maybe it sets in the recessed area of the DXL Worktop. While DeWALT showed you can put a piece of plywood on the DXL Worktop they did not specify if there will be a precut one available or if the user has to make their own. Should be easy to make by the user especially if they got scraps laying around.

The plywood looked like 1/2" plywood, or even 3/8" in that video, not a suitable thickness for a workbench. I have contacted Power Rax, a British company and they will CNC machine one for me with 20mm thick solid plastic. 

Personally, while this concept is cool...it's frustrating to me.  I wish they would just expand the existing 2.0 line or go right to the 3.0 rather than another spinoff.  I know it's semi-compatable, but it's not the same.   

I'm getting real close to investing in the Flex or Toughbuilt systems.

Personally, while this concept is cool...it's frustrating to me.  I wish they would just expand the existing 2.0 line or go right to the 3.0 rather than another spinoff.  I know it's semi-compatable, but it's not the same.   

Tbh I am not happy with any brand when it comes to storage and tool boxes. 

1 hour ago, Altan said:

Tbh I am not happy with any brand when it comes to storage and tool boxes. 

The Toughstack and Flex have great options and a lot more on the way.  So much more versatility than the DeWalt. I'd like Packout too if it wasn't red.     DeWalt spread themselves too thin with the random organizers, T-Stak, 1.0, 2.0, new bags and the new 2.0 DXL.   They needed to commit to one all encompassing system.  Even when the rumored 3.0 comes out, I bet it's only half-assed and not nearly as comprehensive as the others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jslsker said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something here but isn't TS 2.0 DXL expanding TS 2.0? Looks to be compatible with TS2.0 and the side rails on the DXL are compatible with the modular garage system. I think it gives the user more option with TS 2.0. When regular 2.0 isn't wide enough you can grab DXL. When TS 2.0 is too wide you grab a TS 2.0 half width box. Is a double width box any different than a half width box in principle? DeWALT isn't the first to have multiple widths of modular boxes that are inter-compatible. Tanos did it with SYS3 M, SYS3 L, and SYS3 XXL. They even have a few products that are coming in the larger width Systainers like the Planex, recip saw, and the upcoming rotary hammer. Tanos also did it to some degree on some older generation Systainers.

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something here but isn't TS 2.0 DXL expanding TS 2.0? Looks to be compatible with TS2.0 and the side rails on the DXL are compatible with the modular garage system. I think it gives the user more option with TS 2.0. When regular 2.0 isn't wide enough you can grab DXL. When TS 2.0 is too wide you grab a TS 2.0 half width box. Is a double width box any different than a half width box in principle? DeWALT isn't the first to have multiple widths of modular boxes that are inter-compatible. Tanos did it with SYS3 M, SYS3 L, and SYS3 XXL. They even have a few products that are coming in the larger width Systainers like the Planex, recip saw, and the upcoming rotary hammer. Tanos also did it to some degree on some older generation Systainers.

I guess I don't view it as expanding as much as I see it as compatible.  It's not the same foot print.  It's twice the size.  I'd much rather see newer boxes/options in the same line.

Things like...

-A dolly for the regular 2.0

-An updated full size crate

-Boxes that don't require you to go buy 3d printed levelers from outside sources

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jslsker said:

The Toughstack and Flex have great options and a lot more on the way.  So much more versatility than the DeWalt. I'd like Packout too if it wasn't red.     DeWalt spread themselves too thin with the random organizers, T-Stak, 1.0, 2.0, new bags and the new 2.0 DXL.   They needed to commit to one all encompassing system.  Even when the rumored 3.0 comes out, I bet it's only half-assed and not nearly as comprehensive as the others.

I told here in this forum before that "The brands are like beautiful girls that do not give everything in one go!"  🤣 But obviously some girls give a bit more than the others, but not all! looool

17 hours ago, Jronman said:

Agreed, but DeWALT has not made a Toughsystem version of large Toughcase+ case which is kind of in TSTAK platform! It is a huge miss. 

8 hours ago, jslsker said:

I guess I don't view it as expanding as much as I see it as compatible.  It's not the same foot print.  It's twice the size.  I'd much rather see newer boxes/options in the same line.

Things like...

-A dolly for the regular 2.0

-An updated full size crate

-Boxes that don't require you to go buy 3d printed levelers from outside sources

Spot on!

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

By that same logic the half width Tough System 2.0 boxes aren't expanding the line either they are just compatible. The same could be said about any box that is a different height than another.

The problem is if you buy half width Toughsystem 2.0, then you will also have to buy Toughsystem 2.0 full size boxes as they are not going to be clicked on Toughsystem 1.0 tool boxes. So it is a way of pushing the buyer to give up from their existing Toughsystem 1.0 as it is a clear message that the updates on Toughsystem 2.0 is not going to be compatible with Toughsystem 1.0 anymore, at least for a while, you can see whatever they recently announced as update for Toughsystem 2.0 is half width! half width deep box, half width light, half width charger, half width power extention. These could have been designed as full size, no?! I don't like this game. 

16 hours ago, Jronman said:

By that same logic the half width Tough System 2.0 boxes aren't expanding the line either they are just compatible. The same could be said about any box that is a different height than another.

Not really.  The half width boxes fit within the 2.0 footprint.   DXL doubles the 2.0 footprint.

Not really.  The half width boxes fit within the 2.0 footprint.   DXL doubles the 2.0 footprint.

I would not say that, one of the problems with DeWALT is that every 10-20 years they push you to throw everything DeWALT you have and buy new DeWALT(s) even if the previous tools are still OK. A representative from UK Fein told me that if there will be a universal tool battery in the future for all brands, DeWALT would be the last brand to join! 

16 hours ago, Altan said:

I would not say that, one of the problems with DeWALT is that every 10-20 years they push you to throw everything DeWALT you have and buy new DeWALT(s) even if the previous tools are still OK. A representative from UK Fein told me that if there will be a universal tool battery in the future for all brands, DeWALT would be the last brand to join! 

SB&D has a hard time making batteries compatible between their own brands (except DeWALT and MAC) I suppose you could say the same about TTI. They aren't exactly trying to make Milwaukee batteries compatible between their own brands either.

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

SB&D has a hard time making batteries compatible between their own brands (except DeWALT and MAC) I suppose you could say the same about TTI. They aren't exactly trying to make Milwaukee batteries compatible between their own brands either.

Yea, you are right, TTI is almost the same with SB&D when it comes to battery issue and they are both kind of American. According to him (from Fein) Japan's Makita would join an alliance earlier that TTI and SB@D. 

On 2/7/2024 at 7:02 PM, Altan said:

I would.

The dolly for the DXL is basically 30" x 24".   A regular 2.0 box is more or less 22" x 13"

But I'd agree.  That's my point.  You went from 1.0 to 2.0 with some but not full compatibility.  Even some of the other 2.0 options aren't built to fit well.  Now you the DXL.  There's T-Stak.  There's the new line of bags.   There's too many different lines.  There needs to be one line that is consistently expanded on.

Milwaukee didn't come out with Packout 2.0 or Packout DXL....they just continued to add new features to the existing line.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:04 PM, jslsker said:

I would.

The dolly for the DXL is basically 30" x 24".   A regular 2.0 box is more or less 22" x 13"

But I'd agree.  That's my point.  You went from 1.0 to 2.0 with some but not full compatibility.  Even some of the other 2.0 options aren't built to fit well.  Now you the DXL.  There's T-Stak.  There's the new line of bags.   There's too many different lines.  There needs to be one line that is consistently expanded on.

Milwaukee didn't come out with Packout 2.0 or Packout DXL....they just continued to add new features to the existing line.

I agree, The DXL is not big enough, I wanted a bit longer Toughsystem workbench, Probably 2030?! loooooool Beautiful girls should know that if they just keep flirting and no action they can lose the game also! No?!