DWST08350 - ToughSystem 2.0 Jobsite Tool Bag

TradeCraft

I love your tough system collection.  You are about as dedicated as I am.  I'll bet you don't have the new Tough System Flexvolt M-Class Dust Extractor?!

Nobody has it and Dewalt are being ridiculous for not providing it.   There have been a few anomalies with Dewalt Tough System 2.0 actually.   Has anyone noticed that the 4 Port charger isn't compatible with Tough System 2.0?   I'm wondering what the purpose of upgrading the Tough System was.  I will gladly swap my 2.0 cases for the original Tough System cases, but none of my friends like Tough System 2.0 either.

Dewalt - you failed!   Now hurry and redeem yourselves by releasing the dust extractor in tough system!

On 6/12/2022 at 10:32 PM, Norty said:

I love your tough system collection.  You are about as dedicated as I am.  I'll bet you don't have the new Tough System Flexvolt M-Class Dust Extractor?!

Nobody has it and Dewalt are being ridiculous for not providing it.   There have been a few anomalies with Dewalt Tough System 2.0 actually.   Has anyone noticed that the 4 Port charger isn't compatible with Tough System 2.0?   I'm wondering what the purpose of upgrading the Tough System was.  I will gladly swap my 2.0 cases for the original Tough System cases, but none of my friends like Tough System 2.0 either.

Dewalt - you failed!   Now hurry and redeem yourselves by releasing the dust extractor in tough system!

Depending on your needs you might be able to just get an adaptor to attach the tstak extractor to your TS boxes.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/958055903/dewalt-tough-system-to-tstak-adaptors 

DeWALT could change the third generation Tough System to a packout compatible box and at the same time keep the compatibility with the Tough System wall rack, van rack, and DS Carrier. Chances of this happening at extremely slim borderline never going to happen.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

DeWALT could change the third generation Tough System to a packout compatible box and at the same time keep the compatibility with the Tough System wall rack, van rack, and DS Carrier. Chances of this happening at extremely slim borderline never going to happen.

They could...but won't.  That'd be like almost admitting the product is inferior.   I wish they'd just focus on expanding the options for the 2.0 version.   I know they are invested in the T-Stak, but they really need to cut it down to just one line.  

For every T-Stak option they come out with, that's one less item they could produce for the Toughsystem.

Packout obviously has approximately 30 or so items right now.   If they just added another 5-6 options, they still wouldn't have as many but it would close the gap significantly.

Like:

-Single drawer option like T-Stak has. 

DEWALT TSTAK III 7 in. Stackable 6-Compartment Single Deep Drawer Small Parts & Tool Storage Organizer DWST17803 (homedepot.com)

-Update the handled tote to the new autoconnect latches. 

-Make a dolly like Packout and T-Stak. 

Milwaukee PACKOUT Dolly 24 in. x 18 in. Black Multi-Purpose Utility Cart 48-22-8410 (homedepot.com)

-I'd love to see the small box increase in height by just an inch.  That extra inch of space makes it a lot easier to fit the router combo set and some other thicker tools rather than having to go all the way up to the bigger boxes.

-Make the slide in inserts that fit the slots in the trays/boxes.

Milwaukee Drawer Dividers for PACKOUT 3-Drawer Tool Box 48-22-8473 (homedepot.com)

-Taller half boxes like:

Milwaukee PACKOUT 10 in. Compact Portable Tool Box with Adjustable Dividers and Interior Storage Tray 48-22-8422 (homedepot.com)