Curious about Ryobi opinions...

Kato

The worst was when I tried to sell a M12 drill at a garage sale with no batteries. I heard from so many people say well you know how expensive batteries are for cordless tools how about 5 dollars for it. After a few times with that it went back in its place to be sold elsewhere.

I usually do pretty good with craigslist. I avoid all the spam by disabling the email function on the ad itself and include my phone number in the picture. This way spam bots can't mine my personal info and start spamming me. I also write "no texts" right next to my phone number. This pretty much gets rid of all the spam and looky loos.

Geez, when I sell on CL all I get is low ballers. Everyone thinks if your selling tools your (1) a thief or (2) a heroin addict. Seriously? I get spammed all the time and now if you put your phone number that gets spammed. I now spell out my number to make it harder but CL sucks

Geez, when I sell on CL all I get is low ballers. Everyone thinks if your selling tools your (1) a thief or (2) a heroin addict. Seriously? I get spammed all the time and now if you put your phone number that gets spammed. I now spell out my number to make it harder but CL sucks

thats why I put the number in the picture, spambots can't touch your number if its in a picture and it requires too much effort for a real person trying to get your info manually.

Try it and you will see a huge difference in spam, also I suggest to disable the email feature. Maybe emailing is some peoples thing but I just want to get the transaction done quick. It takes ages to hear back from a person, also the email and texting  attracts all the looky loos with a bazillion questions and no intent on buying. 

As for low ballers, I still haven't found a good solution for them. If someones got a good solution, let me know

Javier, how do you get your number in the picture with an ipad?

Not sure but I use as picsay pro on my android phone or you can use paint on a windows pc. Not sure if picsay pro is also on iOS but if not I'm sure there's a ton of photo editing apps out there in the appstore.

Yeah Chase is lucky, I got spammed so badly a few years ago on my phone winning tons of free cruises to the bajamas and $1000 bestbuy credit cards all the time. I would even get like up to 6 texts at night. I because of it I was forced to get google voice. I use google voice as my main number and it automatically gets rid of spammers, and the jokers that do get through I can just block them manually

• 4 weeks later...

I work in the RV industry and use Ryobi everyday for last 5 years. The reason I've stayed with them is the tool selection. If I have to work on an RV out on the lot you can't use anything but cordless. The cordless caulk gun has saved me many man hours resealing the rubber roofs. Now I must admit that I don't use the ryobi drills. They're way too slow and heavy. I use hitachi for my compact and heavy duty drills. Looking to upgrade to the brushless dewalts or milwaukee. I do use the heck out of the cordless impact driver and it is quite a bit more powerful than my hitachi compact impact. These tools have never let me down and I beat on them daily. The nicad batteries suck. I only use the high capacity 4.0s now at work and use the compact lithiums for home use. For the price point they can't be beat.