Tool Box Tour

SomeGuysGarage

It looks pretty well set up to me.  If it works for you that's all that matters.  One thing I did years ago, though, was make pliers holders out of cheap wire racks.  So long as the drawer is tall enough, you can store pliers on their sides and free up a bunch of space.

Your Princess Auto tools are nothing to be ashamed of if they're anything like Harbor Freight's.  While the latter store does sell complete garbage their Pittsburgh Pro brand allows the customer on a budget to build up what they need.  Perhaps the best part is having matching sets.  When I consolidate my mechanics tools it's going to be a nightmare to organize.  Mostly Craftsman wrenches and sockets with a fair number of Snap-On and Matco and a few Mac.  Over the past ten years I've bought a lot of Kobalt and even some DeWalt and Milwaukee handtools since a lot of the older stuff is in storage.

Your shop looks incredibly well organized (my shop is in a completely disorganized fetal state) and thought out.  I can only hope to one day get close to that.  In the meantime I've got to clear out storage units full of tools, decide what to get rid of, and invest in a couple larger tool boxes.  

4 hours ago, fm2176 said:

It looks pretty well set up to me.  If it works for you that's all that matters.  One thing I did years ago, though, was make pliers holders out of cheap wire racks.  So long as the drawer is tall enough, you can store pliers on their sides and free up a bunch of space.

Your Princess Auto tools are nothing to be ashamed of if they're anything like Harbor Freight's.  While the latter store does sell complete garbage their Pittsburgh Pro brand allows the customer on a budget to build up what they need.  Perhaps the best part is having matching sets.  When I consolidate my mechanics tools it's going to be a nightmare to organize.  Mostly Craftsman wrenches and sockets with a fair number of Snap-On and Matco and a few Mac.  Over the past ten years I've bought a lot of Kobalt and even some DeWalt and Milwaukee handtools since a lot of the older stuff is in storage.

Your shop looks incredibly well organized (my shop is in a completely disorganized fetal state) and thought out.  I can only hope to one day get close to that.  In the meantime I've got to clear out storage units full of tools, decide what to get rid of, and invest in a couple larger tool boxes.  

I do try to keep things organized, only way to make efficient use of the little space I have.

I have some pliers racks (I used them on my vise grips), might have to take another shot at standing them up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently purchased a tool storage box and have been extremely satisfied with its performance. The box is made of high-quality materials and feels sturdy and durable. It has a large capacity, allowing me to easily store all of my tools in one place. The dividers and compartments within the box are adjustable, which makes it easy to customize the storage to fit my specific needs.

One of my favorite features of this tool storage box is its lockable latch. This feature adds an extra layer of security and ensures that my tools are safe and secure. The box also has a handle on top, making it easy to carry around.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this tool storage box to anyone in need of a reliable and efficient storage solution.