What are the key features and benefits of the DeWALT Toughsystem 2.0 system?

jonathanquin

I recently purchased the DeWALT Toughsystem 2.0 system and I am extremely impressed with its performance. The modular design of the system allows me to easily customize my storage setup to fit my specific needs, and the stackable design saves valuable space on my jobsite. The clear lid design is especially helpful as it enables me to quickly identify the contents of each module without having to open it.

DeWalt-ToughSystem-2.001.jpg

On 2/10/2023 at 6:17 PM, TradeCraft said:

The original ToughSystem was better than the new 2.0 stuff. 1.0 was all about racking. 2.0 is about stacking. Stacking systems are less efficient than racking.

Plus 1.0 was made of 4mm thick plastic, the 2.0 is thinner. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 12:17 PM, TradeCraft said:

The original ToughSystem was better than the new 2.0 stuff. 1.0 was all about racking. 2.0 is about stacking. Stacking systems are less efficient than racking.

Racking may be more efficient when it comes to accessing tools and organization, but most of the modular boxes I've seen are simply stacked.  ToughSystem, Packout, Ridgid, etc., the biggest advantage these things have to someone like me is that they can be stacked, rolled to the job site, and then unstacked as needed.  Don't get me wrong, I plan to buy or build some wall racks for my garage, but even my TS Carrier sees little use.  I like the concept of having three-plus boxes easily accessible, but it's just easier to toss a few boxes on top of the DS450.

1 hour ago, Altan said:

Plus 1.0 was made of 4mm thick plastic, the 2.0 is thinner. 

1 hour ago, Altan said:

And nobody mentions this! I have not seen any reviewer to mention it. 

Honestly, I haven't even noticed.  I know they feel different, and I've mixed and matched both styles.  When I have the chance, I'll have to do a comparison between 1.0, 2.0, and my TradeStak, Packout and Ridgid boxes.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

Racking may be more efficient when it comes to accessing tools and organization, but most of the modular boxes I've seen are simply stacked.  ToughSystem, Packout, Ridgid, etc., the biggest advantage these things have to someone like me is that they can be stacked, rolled to the job site, and then unstacked as needed.  Don't get me wrong, I plan to buy or build some wall racks for my garage, but even my TS Carrier sees little use.  I like the concept of having three-plus boxes easily accessible, but it's just easier to toss a few boxes on top of the DS450.

Honestly, I haven't even noticed.  I know they feel different, and I've mixed and matched both styles.  When I have the chance, I'll have to do a comparison between 1.0, 2.0, and my TradeStak, Packout and Ridgid boxes.  

The thing is when they introduced 1.0 every reviewer was mentioning the thickness being 4mm and now when it comes to 2.0 they all keep quiet! 

• Like 2

I prefer 1.0 for the racking. 1.0 has to my knowledge 100% compatibility with any of the 3 tough system racking systems and the locking mechanism of the carrier. I don't travel with tools much so racking makes more sense for my workflow. Also if I need to travel I can bring my carrier if needed. Now 2.0 is not to be forgotten about. I feel like the racking set aside 2.0 does better at almost everything else. Better organizing in some respects and more specialty boxes. I do prefer the modified lid bins of the TS 1.0 DS 130 for my recip blades but otherwise 2.0 all day long. I feel like I get more options with 2.0. I probably will not get into 2.0 much unless the 3 drawer unit comes out which I might pick one up to try out. I am big on the 1.0 gen 2 drawers and was kinda bummed when the 1.0 3 drawer unit didn't make it over to North America.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:00 AM, Jronman said:

I prefer 1.0 for the racking. 1.0 has to my knowledge 100% compatibility with any of the 3 tough system racking systems and the locking mechanism of the carrier. I don't travel with tools much so racking makes more sense for my workflow. Also if I need to travel I can bring my carrier if needed. Now 2.0 is not to be forgotten about. I feel like the racking set aside 2.0 does better at almost everything else. Better organizing in some respects and more specialty boxes. I do prefer the modified lid bins of the TS 1.0 DS 130 for my recip blades but otherwise 2.0 all day long. I feel like I get more options with 2.0. I probably will not get into 2.0 much unless the 3 drawer unit comes out which I might pick one up to try out. I am big on the 1.0 gen 2 drawers and was kinda bummed when the 1.0 3 drawer unit didn't make it over to North America.

It seems Toughsystem 2.0 2 drawer and 3 drawer units are exactly the same as 1.0 just the yellow clips are upgraded. They might have the 4mm thickness of 1.0 version.