Altanic Calendar

Altan

Hi

I am announcing my new Altanic Calendar to be in use from 21st March (first day of spring) 2024, I was always thinking of having a calendar which is done with logic. What do you think of having a calendar like this? With this calendar if you are born on Monday for example, your birthdays will be always on Monday. 

10 months a year
6 weeks a month
6 days a week
36 days a month
Last 5-6 days of the year (Altember) holiday period

Months:
1) Ilkember 36 days
2) Secember 36 days
3) Trember 36 days
4) Tetrember 36 days
5) Pentember 36 days
6) Sixember 36 days
7) September 36 days
8) October 36 days
9) November 36 days
10) December 36days
11) Altember 5-6 days

3 days a week work, 3 days off.

Monday Moon
Merday Mercury
Terday Terra-Earth
Venday Venus
Satday Saturn
Sunday Sun

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jronman said:

what about solar years and sidereal years?

This calendar is based on solar years, 365 days 6 hours and a few minutes, that is why there are normal 10 months and each month 36 days, so the total is 360 days plus the last 5-6 days which is 5 days for 3 years and 6 days for the forth year, so those 6 hours every 4 years become a day. 

The weekend would be different for everybody, for example 3 days work for men and then other 3 days work for wives, so the parent who does not go to work at the specific day would take care of the kids and their school. Schools would be one day on and next day off, starting from 10 am to 4 pm (off peak time) to reduce the traffic for the ones who go to work. Spreading the work for the whole week like this would also reduce the traffic I believe. I always think why the traffic should be crazy during the week and empty streets on weekends! 

There are a lot in my mind, by time if there is interest I will share. 

I will, definitely. One of the good points is that every month will start with the first day of its first week and will end with the last day of its last week, so it is not going to be like the calendar we use now that half of the week is in January and the other half in February. It will become simpler. You will not have the problem of dividing the 28/29/30/31 days of the month to see how many weeks it is going to be.

Interesting concept.  As I've transitioned from my military career into private retail, I've often thought of getting a more stable post-retirement job.  I get my 40 hours, but the schedule might find me working any of the seven days between 7 AM and 10 PM.  The Gregorian calendar is somewhat flawed, but it's what many of us grew up with.  Having a more symmetric calendar, with common sense weeks and particularly work schedules would be nice.  I also like the concept of having a designated holiday period at the end of the year, when many Westerners celebrate their religious holiday (Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc.) and the New Year.  

Having my background, though, I will say that the work schedule would only work for white-collar and maybe some blue-collar jobs.  As a former mechanic, I would be on call one week a month to work at Philip Morris in case of an equipment issue.  Being a road tech, with a take-home vehicle, the company had substantial investment in me, and would be unable to afford to hire two three-day employees and outfit us with the necessary equipment.  Monday through Friday, 0730-1600, was typical for our fleet of some 15 trucks, so we'd either have to share trucks or the company would have to double the fleet.  Later, in the military, and especially as a Drill Sergeant, I learned that 168 hours in a week is not enough.  Early in each cycle, I'd find myself working 0300-2200 daily, before grabbing some plain McDoubles for me and the Lab and getting a few hours of rest.  Some weeks I'd average 17 hours a day for seven days straight.  Twenty-four-hour duty was a break of sorts, as we'd do our 24 hours, then go home and get 18-21 hours off.  

I'll definitely keep monitoring this and provide feedback and input.  I think it would be difficult to establish a new calendar, but if it garners enough support, your Altanic calendar has a lot of good concepts that could make life easier for many of us.

• Like 2

World Calendar - Wikipedia

If you read this you can see at the end that a 7 days week is important for people with Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christianity and Judaism) As an Agnostic Atheist I do not have that problem, my calendar's weeks have only 6 days. 

Yes, as you said a holiday period at the end of the year is nice, but not everybody can have that at that time, not everybody from armed forces, health care, power stations and etc. can have the holiday at the end of the year at the same time, I have not studied their schedules at all, but what sounds logical to me is that only 20-25% of them can have this holiday, so they can only have this holiday once in 4-5 years, but instead the ones with no holiday would either get paid double for those days or have double holiday at any other time of the year. 

I agree, it is not easy, but start is important also. I don't mind it to be on my name or any other name as long as it is simple, symmetric and logical or if anyone comes up with a better idea I would adopt that. 

• Like 1