12v heated jacket?!?!?

Idomin07

Alright I know that we've gone over this for milwaukees 12v version, but with winter coming I REALLY want one!

I rather buy a dewalt heated jacket but if there's no hope in them making them one then I'll just get milwaukees.

My main question is does dewalt plan on ever coming out with one?

I already have both 12v and 20v batteries so I'd be good, but if I bought the Milwaukee version I'd have to have 2 brands of batteries and that ain't cool.

Please Let me know guys.

Also if anyone else might be Interested in one post up maybe it'll help?

It looks cool, but...

I never seen one on a job site.

I don't think it would last long before the battery goes dead,

because it takes a lot of amps/watts to produce heat.

You learn really quickly to not wear expensive clothes to a construction site anyways,

because within a week it's torn somewhere.

I'm sure that jacket is not cheap.

Might not be washable.

Milwaukee might hold a patent on it,

so no one else can make one for a while.

Plus you would have to buy batteries & charger.

That's my guess.  Sorry.

:(....

I don't think it would last long before the battery goes dead,

You learn really quickly to not wear expensive clothes to a construction site anyways,

because within a week it's torn somewhere.

I'm sure that jacket is not cheap.

Might not be washable.

Milwaukee might hold a patent on it,

Plus you would have to buy batteries & a charger.

:(....

Milwaukee claims it will heat for 6 hours. That's plenty time!

True, I wouldn't wanna wear this to work but if I did it would be for a little bit till I warmed up. I Do plan on wearing it for EVERYTHING else though.

Milwaukees is around $170 for the kit and $119 for the bare jacket. If you have 12v or 20v batteries already you'd save a nice chunk! 

Milwaukees has to be hand washed. I get my stuff dirty all the time but I'll hand wash if I have to.

You made some good points, and I understand why dewalt might not make one I just really want one.

I hate to have to buy milwaukees and theyre batteries just for the jacket. But oh well.

I agree that it is a cool idea, but if you look at Milwaukee's sales on the jacket, they are pretty pitiful.  At the end of the day, a product has to be profitable, or it's not really worth getting into.  Keep in mind thought that I am in no way speaking on behalf of DeWALT here, this is just my opinion/guess.

IDOMINO7-

Good morning! I thought I'd chime in since my brother and I both have one of these. They are actually very nice, and they can get you warm quickly, trust me!! I have a mix of tools, so batteries are not a problem for me (12v MAX and M12), but that being said, this jacket is a must have. Now with 2 different color schemes (cammo and red) it makes it even nicer to have- I have started to see these at football games, some of our friends have them, and I have seen them being worn by numerous people on Facebook as well. ;D

The batteries do last quite a while, but all the same, I would pick up 1 extra as the 3 heat settings draw at different rates. Red light is hottest, white is medium and blue is the lowest. Very comfortable jacket- make sure you order true to your size as you will want the jacket to be close to your body for the heating elements to work best.

ENJOY!!

IDOMINO7-

Good morning! I thought I'd chime in since my brother and I both have one of these. They are actually very nice, and they can get you warm quickly, trust me!! I have a mix of tools, so batteries are not a problem for me (12v MAX and M12), but that being said, this jacket is a must have. Now with 2 different color schemes (cammo and red) it makes it even nicer to have- I have started to see these at football games, some of our friends have them, and I have seen them being worn by numerous people on Facebook as well. ;D

The batteries do last quite a while, but all the same, I would pick up 1 extra as the 3 heat settings draw at different rates. Red light is hottest, white is medium and blue is the lowest. Very comfortable jacket- make sure you order true to your size as you will want the jacket to be close to your body for the heating elements to work best.

ENJOY!!

Thanks alot for your input hawkfan, I do plan on getting it for sure now. I saw some black ones on eBay but that was it. I'd prefer the black but if I can't find it I'll go with the red since camo isnt really my thing. I'm Trying to get one for my wife since she's ALWAYS cold but she doesnt seem to excited over it.

• 3 weeks later...

e5d1f579.jpg

Headphones lol

7fa377a9.jpg

931ca586.jpg

f1e4fe1d.jpg

2 way zipper even though the jacket is not reversible. Don't know why.

Has an inner layer to seal out cold

d9f403b8.jpg

And a weather strip behind zipper. ( not sure what it's called.)

e6bddae3.jpg

Over all it's a great jacket, very confy and warm even while turned off.

Sizing is spot on, great fit.

Nc weather is crazy I haven't been able to try it out alot since it's been mid 70's this week.

I will update my review when I really try it out in the cold.

I do wish it had more heat pads.

• 5 months later...

Archived