Why does dewalt not make an oscilating tool

stanford1621@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

I know I have been holding out hoping one would be out in the 12v max line, Dewalt is always so slow to bring things to market, the 12v and 20v max line are lagging behind the competition , milwuakee already has 12v brushless out and alot more tools I hate that dewalt makes us wait 2-3 years to get things others have out,

I understand wanting a quality tool , and I think we all could agree that is by far the most important thing we look for in a tool,but that said unless  dewalt is slow to start its testing, building, or production that keeps them from getting a tool to market in 12 - 18 months then I wonder how well they "feel the pulse" of the construction tool market or do they take the "wait and see" approach and build a tool after another company has figured out what will sell and what won't

Here is what I wonder? Will it literally be the Porter cable which has hands down the best blade change. Than we will wonder why did it take sooo long? Like the 12v recip saw. Im not positive but besides the color i think all they did was add a light? I would like to see it with a 3am motor and be the best on the market . And yep a light

here is the simple technology from rockwell...

v114k.jpg

it is just an offset bearing attached to the shaft of the motor moving side to side.

...which i don't understand why dewalt did no make such tool yet..i had to buy rockwell first and i will probably buy 12v brush-less impact and drill driver first that comes out...guessing it will not be dewalt.

It's not that the technology is too hard to figure out. DeWALT could obviously have one out next week if they wanted to commit the resources to it. It is more that there is only so much money budgeted to launch new tools each year, and they are trying to get the most important ones out first (brushless impact and drill, metal cutting circ saw, etc.).

That's just my two cents, not actual information from DeWALT. Just my assumption.