Milwaukee M12 Palm Nailer ( Is It Worth It)

Harold Wray

Do any of you have the Milwaukee m12 palm nailer (2458-21).  What do you guys think?  Is it worth it?  I'm doing framing under a house and I was thinking of something easy to move under there.  

Does anyone have any experience with Milwaukee's m12 palm nailer?  Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks

I haven't tried it. I too thought it was cool at one time but after seeing some of the videos of it I wasn't convinced. Sure it would make it easier than a regular hammer and unless you suck at wielding one it probably won't drive them any faster. I would much rather use a nail gun if I was putting down a ton of nails. Personally I don't care for cords so I would go straight to battery powered like the dewalt.

I use a pneumatic palm nailer for tight spaces and have used it on hangers. I know after a while of using it I get tingling in my have. I use the Bostitch MCN150 for hangers they sell for around $200.00 new. You can find pneumatic palm nailers from $60 to $100

MCN150_web_detail.jpg R350PNE_4.jpg

Yea they have the positive placement nail guns now for to install hangers like Regopit mentioned a few different companies make them. I think that's the better way to go even though its a pretty specialized tool. It sucks Paslode used to make a cordless positive placement nailer but they stopped making it which I don't understand if I'm up in the air doing brackets and hangers I want to cut the compressor hose for convince and safety. On the M12 palm nailer it's gotten pretty positive reviews but it's not a big seller either, so its hard to get a good opinion on the tool.

Harold this could be you lucky day. I was out in the Black hole (garage) things go in then they vanish but today when I was cleaning things out I found this. I think that I got at some event I went to 5 or 6 years it is still in the package and if you think that you could use this you can have it just send me your address.  post-4245-0-37952800-1394213371_thumb.jp It is the mini palm nailer

• Like 3

Harold this could be you lucky day. I was out in the Black hole (garage) things go in then the vanish but today when I was cleaning things out I found this. I think that I got at some event I went to 5 or 6 years it is still in the package and if you think that you could use this you can have it just send me your address.  attachicon.gifpcn.jpg It is the mini palm nailer

WOW!!! So Nice!!  Thank you VERY much! Yes, I could really use it! Thank you!!  Are you sure, you may need it some day?  I can send you something in return.  Anything you need?

I don't have the m12 nailer, but i bought the 2 different sized pneumatic ones from HarborFreight. They've worked dandy for me, so i wouldn't see why the m12 wouldn't also. I have invested heavily in the m12 lineup. The only tool that has disappointed was the 1st inspection camera they came out with.