Mine is Bigger than Yours

ChrisK

So...I was driving into the office today to work on a presentation that I am giving tomorrow on school bus security. Apparently I like to wait till the last minute. I was driving down Canterbury Rd in Chichester when the guy in front of me swerved. I thought "must be a dam# turkey" and started to move over. That's when I saw the words " -PANTS- " on a license plate, upside down, poking it's ugly head out of a GIANT frost heave festooned with giant white gouges. This has been one of the coldest snowiest winters in memory and the frost heaves are massive. I've never seen frost heaves this big before. There cannot be bigger frost heaves anywhere in the US right now! Looks like my taxes are going up again to repair all of the roads. I stopped to get the license plate and noticed that there was an entire lower bumper assembly still attached to it, hidden in lowest part of the hole. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha I laughed my As$ off. The guy must've crapped his pants when he hit that one.

Up here Pepin, the ground freezes and expands causing the pavement to rise. Normal wear and tear up here but because of the cold temps (-25 -16 -19 etc) for extended periods of time with plenty of moisture, the frost heaves have become massive.my driveway for instance will need to be replaced. I was standing on the day before yesterday and water was bubbling up through the cracks that had appeared this winter.

The potholes here are horrible. The nut on the driver side shock on my truck came off after I hit a couple massive potholes on out road. Of course they filled them in with gravel.

Well, at least they make an effort to appear they're doing something about it! Not actually doing anything productive, but...

• 1 month later...