I know this is a long shot

Javier

But I would seriously like to see a power tool battery powered like an 18v microwave and a cooler/mini fridge. I like to bring my own food so I don't waste time on the job, you can waste an hour just in traveling for food and then you still have to eat it so i prefer to pack a lunch but hate eating cold food. A portable cordless microwave would be nice. A cordless portable mini tiny fridge would be nice to chill food and drink. I think it's possible as I have a small cooler that plugs into the cigarette lighter for the car so I think a power tool battery could power one

A battery powered cooler wouldn't be a problem now a battery powered microwave would be an issue they draws some serious power. I don't know why the tool companies haven't made a refrigerated cooler yet. I could be hard or soft sided and all they use is a thermal electric cooler. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

Battery Powered cooler/microwave is not in the cards my friend. Battery tech is not 'there' yet. You could get one of those small plug in coolers. they use your cars cig lighter adapter. you might be able to use a small microwave with an inverter on your truck, but you better make sure its small and your alternator is a beast. if you run a welding rig your truck can do it.

I like your idea conductor, never heard of MRE heaters until now. Those would also be perfect for an emergency kit

DR99 I agree I think the cooler is possible maybe we should petition the power tool companies to make one. Maybe possible with 5.0 battery packs.

as for the microwave, if thats too much power maybe a toaster oven or even a high powered oven with a bulb. I had one as a kid that made some creepy crawly gummy candy and all it used was a regular light bulb

All a man needs in order to make a hot meal is some tin foil and a warm engine block. If you want toast, better grab a blow torch. .. Anyone remember the ToolTime episode where they did "man cooking"

I don't know if 10-w30 makes for a great sauce though :)

All a man needs in order to make a hot meal is some tin foil and a warm engine block. If you want toast, better grab a blow torch. .. Anyone remember the ToolTime episode where they did "man cooking"

Hell yeah! That's how we did it in the woods. Just remember, if you heat a can of soup, vent in. They can be explosive, and soup burning on the block and manifold stinks. Lol

Hell yeah! That's how we did it in the woods. Just remember, if you heat a can of soup, vent in. They can be explosive, and soup burning on the block and manifold stinks. Lol

On the RR it's common to cook soup on the sidewall heater and yes, if you don't vent it, it will explode.

• Like 1

I've thought about this but I wanted to grill on the job site ! I've got a portable gas grill for camping but it would be cool if the grill was sponsored by dewalt or something like that! Something that could fold up like a tool box and tuck away easily with no mess! That would be great for long summer days on the job site !

I've thought about this but I wanted to grill on the job site ! I've got a portable gas grill for camping but it would be cool if the grill was sponsored by dewalt or something like that! Something that could fold up like a tool box and tuck away easily with no mess! That would be great for long summer days on the job site !

I know its not branded by a tool company but Charbroil makes this Its a portable grill with a cooler. http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas-grills/grill-2-go/grill2go-ice-red-12401504.html