New Milwaukee Shockwave holesaws.

DR99

• 2 weeks later...

but the best holesaw adapter comes from the Netherlands :)

not sure if you can still get that adapter as it seems they are part of the hole saw now. it used to be a separate part that you could buy + a bit and you could stick any brand of holesaw on there.

I've tried those ones and the starrett version which they had out a few years back, good idea but the spring would go on the pusher on the release mechanism, plus the pilot bits weren't changeable, that's just me being lazy and not re sharpening them myself lol :)

I've tried the newer starrett quick release arbor too and it gets clogged too easily and binds with the release mechanism :( shame as the build quality is great just too tight with the machining tolerances for normal site use.

http://www.starrett.co.uk/shop/arbors/ulti-mate/

I few years ago I bought just 2 adapters and a pilot bit. eventually the spring on one of them came out and got lost, so I couldn't fix it.

From what I know the saws now all (except the really small ones) come with an attached adapter. Possibly with a better design.

they have different pilot bits though, but you have to change the whole bit or resharpen them.

When mine broke I'd just use electrical tape to hold the pusher in lol:) I can be quite cheap sometimes... I use step cutters mostly for anything up to 20mm, for the larger sizes for recessed lights I use the TCT tipped saws that have the large slot in the side for getting the round plug out so really I don't need a quick extract arbor anymore :). Though the TCT saws do rip the hell out of plasterboard, I know they're mainly form DF and ply but I can't help using them.

• 3 months later...

I saw a youtube review of these milwaukee how saw blades and looked great, it shoots the metal right out of the blade once cut.  Looks great for cutting into roof top units for a gas line, power wiring through a curb or control wire...or even a duct sensor.  Only issue i see with using it on ductwork is that the metal will be left in the duct after you take the blade out to rattle around and become a headache with the 1 year warranty that comes with our contracts.