I Figured It's Time to Show off Some of my Work.

DR99

This is a little network panel/media cabinent I worked on last winter. I was tired of having messy wires throughout my house so I rewired everything in my house phone lines Cat5e and Coax it's so much better now. I also wanted my Voip phone and Cable modem in a central location I was tired of having it just laying on a desk somewhere. The only thing I wish I could have done was add a battery backup for everything but their was just not enough room.

post-1858-0-88406100-1397191208_thumb.jppost-1858-0-43063000-1397191211_thumb.jppost-1858-0-01290400-1397191214_thumb.jppost-1858-0-43899900-1397191216_thumb.jp

Just an FYI these pic's were when it was a work in progress. I don't have any finished pic's on my computer at the moment so it's missing components and the wires are not dressed as nice as I would have liked to show you guys.

Thanks for the compliment Harold! This took a few days to do. The only downside is what they charge for the components of the system like the patch panels and brackets its 20-25 dollars for each piece it added up quick the actual metal box wasn't bad at all that was only 40 bucks.

You should have seen the mess the installers did to my phone line in the house! The phone company and cable tv installers just want to be fast and get the job done they don't put effort in making things look even 1/2 decent. It also comes to bite them in the ass later because they did a crappy job anyways and need to come out to fix something.

I had a DirecTV guy show up once and refused to get in either the attic or the crawl space. He wanted to drill a hole in the side of my house and staple the cable to the base board. I fired him. Told him to leave me 150 ft. of caple and hit the fucking bricks. Son of bitch didn't even trench the caple from the dish to the house.

We have the same in the uk with sky and BT when it comes to lashing in cables with no consideration. They don't go in lofts as they haven't got the relevant insurance so the cable just get clipped with maybe two clips down the side of the house . When doing installs I end up presenting all the cables for them right by where they enter the house or where the dish goes, they think Christmas has come early, then they terminate it badly and they get shown the door.

That's one of the ugliest things ever is seeing a coax line ran down the side of a house. It just screams of laziness! The only problem is I have 2 huge rolls of coax and cat5e left after the project. I should probably put em on Craigslist, but I might need to do another run later and it would suck not to have materials.

I'm not a pro by any means but I just finished my moms house in crestwood il. It was a complete gut, in the downstairs living room mounted a flat screen tv on a swivel mount, I also ran... Help me out Ethernet cable? For the internet on the surround sound box. Also my moms a beat freak and I love her dearly so I ran it all behind the walls and you can't see one wire it's a 5.1 and the speakers are mounted on the walls next time I'm there I will take pictures of it. I also did the same thing upstairs. I tried to put the reciver and everything in the laundry room on shelves but my mom didn't want that even tho I told her it was like a movie theater she said no thank you! She f@@@ed up lol I tried telling her