new makita impact driver td148d with new 5.0 ah batteries.

gilhaim89

makita anounced that they have come out with new 18v lxt brushless impact driver model td148d.

td148d has a length of just 119mm

the new brushless delivers max torque 175 n.m which is 1550 in lbs.ad

dtionally makita says that td148d faster 35% more then their previous leading impact driver.

this also the first product makita advertised eqquipped with their new bl1850 5.0 li ion batteries.

td148d in action:

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X94B0eQMaNM&list=PL-_7ZlwAFwZF13QE4g3jwDSgHjQwNVnnD&feature=share</a> 

• 2 weeks later...

The video on YouTube has links to an ebay seller that is selling kits and the bare tool. Its crazy expensive though the bare tool with shipping is almost 300 dollars. I have no idea on a North American launch of the impact Makita seems to be slow on releasing tools here for the most part in NA. We really didn't even get any one the 4.0 ah battery tools here I think Makita made a boneheaded yet wise decision at the same time to launch new products with the 5.0 ah battery packs. What would really be awesome is 3.0ah compact battery packs lightweight and tons of run time. 6.0AH would be huge benefit for cordless saws though.

I will say, the OP posted it before under another topic or name. I emailed him as he had it listed for sale and he actually had it for sale on eBay in his eBay store. Pretty pricey but....well so is Festool :). Only I like my TI 15 Impactor and my second choice is still the Milwaukee or new Bosch but the Makita really looks pretty slick.

• 2 weeks later...

Please somebody tell me why the US doesn't keep up with the Europeans when it comes to tool releases? ???

I just asked that question to a Dewalt rep the other day, he told me that they use it for the testing ground before they release tools here in the USA. Now if that is true or not I really don't know.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know some will think this is trivial but, I think the clear plastic guard over the contact side of the battery is an awesome thought. I wish I had those for my DeWalts...

Your talking about the plastic that guards the battery terminals on the loose batteries? I always liked that too when I had my Makita's originally but invariably I lost them right away. They are great for keeping out dirt but truthfully I'm so anal about keeping my tools clean it's not normally a problem.

• 3 months later...