Good Morning from Vermont

Brian M. II

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the forum. I have posted a couple things and have looked for advice here as well. I thought I would introduce myself as I have started coming to the forum more frequently. I am an avid DIY, if I can build the same thing for less, or improve upon it; I will build it myself. I went to college for Electrical and Computer Engineering and currently work at a veneer mill as the industrial engineer. I work closely with the continuous improvement manager trying to always improve how we complete tasks. My degree isn’t used as much as I would like, but I got a lot of value from my degree none the less.  I helped build a camp with my dad, which is where I currently reside. I wired most of it up, helped do the plumbing, and helped build the building inside and out. I have learned a lot from working on it; one thing I learned is I suck at mudding sheetrock. I have built a pole barn/ firewood storage this past year. It isn’t the prettiest building, but it helps keep my wood dry and cost me gas money to borrow a truck for the wood, 2 tarps, and a box of screws, maybe 50$ total. I am working on the bathroom vanity, on hold at the moment for raised garden beds, and will then redo the cupboards in the kitchen.  As it is supposed to be deer camp, we (my wife and I) are going to build the cupboards from reclaimed pallets for a rustic look. Before we do the cupboards I plan to build a router table to help with the finishing touches. I plan to build my own house in a few years if no financial hardship falls on us and I find a piece of land that I find fits what we need/want. I like building with wood and want to get into some metal working too. I have used my dad’s mig welder for a couple small projects, used the schools arc welder when their mig was down, and have taken a class on tig welding. I enjoy working on cars as long as it isn’t my own that has broken down when I need it. I plan to tackle head gaskets in the beginning of July on my wife’s Subaru. I have a wife, 4 cats, and a bunny. My wife helps me with a lot of projects. Her brother is great a wood working and has taught me some stuff and helps me out when she can’t. I love firearms and would like to have my own shooting range one day where I teach others how to shoot effectively. I am still working on my own shooting skills and have been teaching my wife as well. I am usually working at my job, or at home on some project my wife or I have cooked up. When I am not working I am usually doing a bible study, helping at youth group, or spending time with family. I think that is just about everything about me. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know everyone better. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Brian M. II