New Dewalt Air Tools For Mechanics.

DR99

• 5 months later...

I have the Set and love it! Looks great sitting in my new Dewalt rolling tool chest as well!

It's really a great set. Of course with most air tools, your air setup is really the make or break and having an 80 gallon 5HP IR in my garage helps a lot.

I also have the Kobalt Kit and comparatively, there's only slight benefits.

I tend to hate air ratchets.

When tightening a bolt here is how it works.

1. It pulls on your hand like a leash on a small Chiwawa
  2. Then within a fraction of a second the Chiwawa turns into a Great Dane with rabies chasing a rabbit and takes your arm and twists it against the nearest object shattering every bone in your hand.
  • Like 1

Yea I'm very used to that and I already used to using them I'm looking for a small 1/4and big one 3/8 or 1/2 I have snap on ones at the shop and I never bring them home when I'm working on cars I always forget and if I do bring them home I forget to take back and then I'm stuck at work without them and I'm not trying to spend as much as I did on those just for the house but thanks though sam

One has up to 80 foot pounds of torque one can have over 3000 foot pounds of torque.

Its due to the fact that the air ratchet is just a air motor usually, this causes there well known kickback, and limits there torque, some very high quality air ratchets have the same style of device as the an air impact but much smaller.

air-ratchet-works-800x800.jpg

An air impact has an air motor attached to a spinning hammer that comes up against a mating surface witch is connected to the tool head, and when tool comes up against resistance the hammer separates makes half a rotation to build up energy and then hits the mating surface and then repeats that cycle, the cycle produces very little kick back witch is why they are favored when high amounts of torque are needed.

Here is a video 

In the case of guys who are not mechanics are concerned:

Its the same difference between a drill and an impact driver, except the power is supplied by a vanned rotor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...