Reasons to buy the dcs355n multitool

Frain20

I an oscillating multitool is pretty dang awesome to have. You end up using it more than you think. Just beware the blades are stupidly expensive and you can kill them quick don't force it let the machine do the work. Heat is the biggest killer on the blades.

You'll definitely use it more than you think. I have the Ryobi multi-tool, and I put off buying it for a long time because I thought I wouldn't use it enough to justify buying it. Was putting in a bathroom vanity and got sick of try to make precision cuts with the saws I have, so the next trip we made to the HD I grabbed the multi-tool. I use it all the time now, it's the first tool that pops into my head when I'm thinking of making tight cuts, making notches in stuff, sanding, and tons of other stuff. I bought the Dewalt tool-free adapter for mine, figured it's a lot easier than having to screw around with the bolt when I want to change stuff.

And to be honest, I might buy another multi-tool, just because it's that handy and it'd be nice to have two different tools to work with instead of constantly having to swap out blades

I bought mine for under cutting door jambs and makes it quicker and easier than sawing them by hand. Also use it for cutting lots of stuff like making clean cuts on drywall. Cutting notches in wood, scraping peeling paint, sanding, all sorts of stuff. It's hard to think of things to use it for off the top of your head but trust me when you're doing any project you will see a need for it

I recently used the multitool with a scraper blade to scrape a bunch of construction adhesive off of floor joists and it was amazing. I had pulled up my sisters particle board subfloor and it left a bunch of particle board and glue stuck to the joists. I had been using a hammer and a chisel to remove it when I remembered the dang scraper blade that came with my nextec multitool kit. It sliced right through the glue and particle board chunks like butter. It also made quick work of removing some old caulking from the exterior of the house when I replaced some exterior molding. with the right blade they cut through nails, staples, and screws. These multitools are extremely useful and not just a gimmick. everyone should have one.

Edit:

If you decide to go with something other than the dewalt, make sure you pick one with a toolless blade change. I hate having to use a tool to change the freaking blade.

Thanks for response's..Il be honest,I only thought of the following then drew a blank..

cutting under under jambs for flooring/laminate

access panels in boxings

cutting skirting that's in situe

Has anyone brought out a cheaper alternatives on the blades that fit the dewalt using the

Quick change paddle?

I recall reading a post where someone suggested to buy blades that don't have the "open" design the DeWALT blades have, and just cut them to the same shape. No idea if that would work...

Yeah,there was a comment left on the tool guyd website..don't think it's been confirmed it works but I will keep digging to see if some one has actually modified the blade to fit..

It depends on the blade. The notch is there so the blade can go past the shaft, so cutting a notch into any blade will work. However, the "teeth" that hold the blade are made different, some are rectangular, some are circular. The teeth on the Dewalt tool-free adapter I have are rectangular, so the holes in the blade have to be rectangular. Ryobi blades have circular cut-outs, so if I wanted to cut notches into the blades they wouldn't fit the teeth on the adapter. I'd assume that Dewalt's multi-tools have rectangular teeth, so their blades fit, but blades that don't have the right size cutout won't.

Look through the multi-tool blades on HD's website, you'll see what I'm talking about. Some blades have smaller holes so the teeth won't fit.

• Like 1

I've been using the Rockwell kit. I bought it on eBay throughout the Rockwell store. The blades are decent but Bosch is the way to go. I have the Milwaukee M12 multi and have used it for kitchen counter installs, doors and sheet rock. The bees knees.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...