Dewalt xr lithium 2nd fix finish nailer replacement for dc618

AJB

Nothing so far has been announced, but I have to imagine that they are working on one right now. I know plenty of guys like Javier still running the old 18v stem pack batteries just because of the lack of a finish nailer.

Today I had the chance to meet with two guys the are designers for DeWalt and the one had worked on the team for the Framing nailer. I asked him if they where coming out with a new finisher and, all he would tell me that they are working on other types of nailer's and that's all that could say. We did talk about how hard the US market is on their tools compared to the European market. They treat their tools with great care clean them off at the end of the day and put them away in a case as to here most guys just throw them down never clean them off and basically abuse their tools. Warranty work in the European market in minimal, compared to here it is huge. 

Latest news is, and I quote DeWALT UK from Facebook; "not untill 2015".

They really keep us waiting... I know they are working on different type of nailers, besides finish nailers, but I do not now all the details nor can I share them.

I do hope they will eventually come out with a siding coil nailer. 

Can't believe it's taken them 3 years to release a finish nailer. I'm glad I picked up some more stem batteries when I was last in the states. But I would drop my old dc618 for a new xr lithium nailer.

Just a shame they don't show previews of up and coming tools till their out in the stores

Latest news is, and I quote DeWALT UK from Facebook; "not untill 2015".

They really keep us waiting... I know they are working on different type of nailers, besides finish nailers, but I do not now all the details nor can I share them.

I do hope they will eventually come out with a siding coil nailer. 

You really can not gauge a real time on what you see in print. When talking to these guys I brought this up and they told me that they could be ready to release something in a few weeks and they will put something in social media just to keep the competition guessing. According to them if you name a competitor and a tool you can find it in their R&D department.

You really can not gauge a real time on what you see in print. When talking to these guys I brought this up and they told me that they could be ready to release something in a few weeks and they will put something in social media just to keep the competition guessing. According to them if you name a competitor and a tool you can find it in their R&D department.

You are right. I kinda wondered why they would say that as previously they would either ignore any question about when the finish nailers are coming or they would say something along the lines "we don't have any info" or "nothing planned yet".

Still, it's taking too long. I bet they are finetuning things by now. Though I could see it/them not being released untill 2015 as Europe is behind on some US stuff. DCN692, which looks like they wait to release with 5.0Ah batteries, the cordless VACs, DWS782, greasegun.

They already have quite the new tools this year, but perhaps Q4?! Time will tell (or an insider) ;)

Someone must know something as I've had two emails in as many days from tool distributors advertising large discounts on the dc618 finish nailers. Bit of a coincidence ???

Can't understand holding back on promoting a new tool before it's release, as some people would hold out instead of buying what's available possibly from the competition.

By the way what's Q4 ?

• 2 months later...