Jens' Tool bag Load out

jenskolson

Hey guy. I'm the Maintenance Manager at a senior housing facility, and I thought I would share my normal tool bag load out. I do all sorts of maintenance from HVAC to lightbulbs to Skid steer maintenance. 

Here is everything in the bag.

post-48666-0-11763300-1400036109_thumb.j

And here is the spread out view.

post-48666-0-96971400-1400036123_thumb.j

I didn't put my current Fluke t5-600 in the shot since Thursday it will be replaced with a fluke 116. Other things joining thursday are:

Wera 3/8" socket extension

Wera bit check (it is a much nicer size than the Kobalt)

6" flex extension

6" magnetic hollow nut driver bits for the impact.

Malco ratcheting screw driver 

stubby hex shank drill bits.

What do you guys think? Can you think of any upgrades that I "need"?

That's a pretty good load out.  I am working on mine today.  I had so many doubles, I need to shave weight.

I might be ditching my large adjustable wrench since I am adding a bunch of tools. It is a hard eliminating because you can get by with very few tools but those random times you need everything it is nice having them.

I might be ditching my large adjustable wrench since I am adding a bunch of tools. It is a hard eliminating because you can get by with very few tools but those random times you need everything it is nice having them.

know exactly what you mean!

How do you like the Irwin channel locks?

I like them mainly because they have the rapid adjust so you don't have to guess what click you need to put them on to get proper grip. The thing that annoys me is the jaws are wider than knipex's Cobra. I will probably upgrade the middle one to knipex rapid adjust cobra. Ill keep the big one, it is great for bigger pipes and the wide jaws are nice in that application. Overall can't beat the price, $19 for all three at HD.

Culling tools out of your bag is tough...... Has to be done sometimes though.

Dan, anybody have the Veto back back locally in stock? I think I need to add to me Veto collection.

I think instead of cutting too much out of my bag I will just get a new bigger bag. Thinking Veto pro pack XL will be one of my next purchases.

I don't know if I would like the backpack, the bag sits on a rolling service cart all day so I think the backpack form factor would annoy me. I could see it would be nice if someone serviced rooftop units.

i have a bunch of vetos bags and you can't go wrong. My main bag is in LC and it is constantly getting beat up and shows no real signs of wear. True they are a little pricey but the are a well built bag. I think you will be really happy with that purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

The amazon finger has been at it, so I thought I would give you guys updated bag pictures.

post-48666-0-05046400-1401565844_thumb.j

post-48666-0-20791600-1401565858_thumb.j

The main additions are

Veto Pro Pac TECH-XL (Veto TP3 is still in the mail)

Knipex 10" cobra, 7" Cobra, 7" plier wrench, Linesman, needle nose, Electricians tool, dykes.

Fluke 116, Basic leads, Pipe Temp clamp, Temp probe.

Milwaukee jab saw, plastic pipe cutter.

Plus other randoms.

post-48666-0-63842600-1401565869_thumb.j

I want to get a Veto TP4. I don't want a tool belt to wear a full tool belt, but I would have some of my common tools on me so I don't have to run to my tool bag and back all the dang time!! You have a nice set of tools their Jen!! I love my Knipex Cobra heads too

I want to get a Veto TP4. I don't want a tool belt to wear a full tool belt, but I would have some of my common tools on me so I don't have to run to my tool bag and back all the dang time!! You have a nice set of tools their Jen!! I love my Knipex Cobra heads too

I got the TP3 as part of Veto's spring promo. I love the Cobra's too just wish the full line was available with quick set. Have you (or anyone used) the knipex thin head cobra?

Knipex pliers are great, but you have to really like them to pay 2 or 3 times Channellock prices for them.

Their mini bolt cutters were carried to earth by angels I believe.

Yes knipex pliers are expensive but they are worth it for me for a couple reasons.

1. Fit and Finish seam better than Channellock

2. I hate tongue and groove style pliers.

3. My OCD really likes that everything matches. 

4. I enjoy using them more. My boss is a big channellock fan and all his tools are channellock and they just are not as nice to use.

I want the mini bolt cutters bad but they will have to wait till after I build out my mechanic tool box.