My daily tool kit

mustang347

This is a teaser of sorts I guess....... I don't have time tonight to pull everything out to get group shots. I wanted to get in on the fun! I'll pull everything apart in the next few days.

The Veto TP-4 is my "troubleshooting bag" and grab that first on any initial trouble call. If it's a big job I head back for the LC and whatever else I need.post-296-0-41494600-1400299104_thumb.jpgpost-296-0-76239700-1400299117_thumb.jpgpost-296-0-71734100-1400299132_thumb.jpgpost-296-0-06572900-1400299159_thumb.jpg

Now THAT'S a stocked tool bag, it must weigh almost 50lbs?

LOL, it's not that bad. However it's kind of funny there's at least 10 scales per plant that I service and I have never weighed it..... I'm thinking about running out to pickup the Veto Pro backpack this morning and then thinning out the heard if I can. I just hate running back to the truck and I work in an environment where down time is costly and the truck at times can be really far away from where I'm working. There's no gas vehicles allowed near any area we fill anything due to the possibility of vapors igniting and causing an explosion.

I hate to say this but I'm not sure. If your talking about the ratchets one is an Armstrong sealed flex head and the other is an at least 10 year old Craftsman professional pear head..........

The Armstrong is the one I was talking about. Looked kinda like a Snap-On in the pic.

Do you use the whole screw driver and nut driver sets? My OCD likes the idea of having the whole sets but when I actually think of what I actually grab for 95% of the time it is klien 11in1 the other 5% is split between bits (used with Wera kompakt or Malco ratcheting) and two klien hollow (1/4, 5/16) nut drivers.

Is it worth the extra weight and space?

Do you use the whole screw driver and nut driver sets? My OCD likes the idea of having the whole sets but when I actually think of what I actually grab for 95% of the time it is klien 11in1 the other 5% is split between bits (used with Wera kompakt or Malco ratcheting) and two klien hollow (1/4, 5/16) nut drivers.

Is it worth the extra weight and space?

I have 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 in both hollow and magnetic. The rest of them are from the hollow set. I don't use the rest of the set as much as I do the main 3. I just hate being up on a roof top or on a lift or three blocks from my truck and need one of the other ones. I don't have any nut drivers in my TP 4 "troubleshooting" bag. I utilize a Klein 11-1.

Congrats on your Veto Pro purchase you'll love it.

Regional Maintenance manager for a large chemical company. We do everything from general construction to lighting to fabrication. I have two guys on PM'S pretty much full time. We service the Midwest and at times any plant the need us across the US.

More pics and a trip to the tool store. I seriously have a problem.......

I do think the backpack will work better for me plus it's forcing me to get rid of some extra stuffattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Mustang, how do you like the Wera screwdriver? I was thinking about buying a set.

Mustang, how do you like the Wera screwdriver? I was thinking about buying a set.

If your looking at screwdriver set I would take a look at Felo's 410 series I actually like the felo handles more than my Wera handles. Chris are you thinking insulated or regular?

If your looking at screwdriver set I would take a look at Felo's 410 series I actually like the felo handles more than my Wera handles. Chris are you thinking insulated or regular?

I was thinking about an insulated two piece set for home wiring. Thanks for the advice too!

Another question for you since you have all three.

Knipex Cobra vs Milwaukee vs klien pliers  --- Which is the best?

As conductor said you can't go wrong with the Knipex. That being said i really like the Milwaukees alot too. I'm not as impressed with the Kleains as I am with the rest of the Klein hand tools. They are made well and fell good in your hand but I find myself using the other two more for the most part.

i really like Wera products. I feel like you have a better grip with their handles. Plus they have a "grit" added to the tips that seems to help with camout. The material on the shaft preventing you from grounding out the blades is pretty stout. I think if you bought some Chris you would be happy with your purchase......