My tool trailer

opcruzer

The company I work for sells, and builds fabric covered hoop style buildings mainly to feed cattle in.  Our customers range from small farmers to large commercial feedlots throughout the Midwest.  We are general contractors for some jobs and will sometimes spend a day or two with other crews as they need help.  We have a 7'x14' enclosed trailer that we use and I will attach a few pictures below.  The trailer is a US Cargo and I would not recommend that brand as they are cheap junk that wont hold up as a tool trailer.  I plan to replace it with a larger model from a more reputable brand sometime this year.

I started buying Makita LXT tools 6-7 years ago as they had the largest li-ion selection at that time and a great following.  Since then we have tried some Dewalt stuff with mixed success and have lately been buying a lot of the new Fuel lineup in 18v and 12v.  We use 1/4" drive impacts a lot so I have a lot of them along with 1/2" impacts both small and large.  We also have some specialty tools for sheet steel and a vibrator for concrete piers and walls.  Given that we are usually don't have access to power we have everything we will need in cordless and some stuff in corded versions to run off a generator.

I really like using a large toolbox for storage as its great for keeping everything organized.  I have been very happy with the Masterforce tool boxes and have a few at home as well.  We buy a lot of name brand stuff because we are usually out in rural areas with limited access to anything or anyone.  Some of the other stuff usually in this trailer are a couple eu2000 Honda generators and a things like more ladders or wobble lights or maybe some parts parts for certain jobs we are headed to. 

I have this trailer wired to that I can plug it into a generator or regular power and charge batteries and run the lights inside.  I recommend this to anyone with a tool trailer as we will also run heat in it sometimes in the winter months to get out of the elements for a break.

I missed a couple drawers but they didn't have that much exciting stuff to show.  I will comment on one more area.  I do have tools that I lend out on a jobsite ($3 tapes, $5 hammers, and such) and I keep all of the good stuff for myself.  For example I have a co-worker that is notorious for breaking hammers and shovels, so now I will only let him use Wilton's "unbreakable" series of hammers, and he also gets the cheap tape measures, because his other nick-name is take-it or break-it.  I also make sure I put used bits in his impact (or as we call them, rattle guns) as I am expecting they will not come back.

• Like 2

I missed a couple drawers but they didn't have that much exciting stuff to show.  I will comment on one more area.  I do have tools that I lend out on a jobsite ($3 tapes, $5 hammers, and such) and I keep all of the good stuff for myself.  For example I have a co-worker that is notorious for breaking hammers and shovels, so now I will only let him use Wilton's "unbreakable" series of hammers, and he also gets the cheap tape measures, because his other nick-name is take-it or break-it.  I also make sure I put used bits in his impact (or as we call them, rattle guns) as I am expecting they will not come back.

Haha, you have the destroyer on your crew :)

• Like 1

United makes a nice HD series line that is tailored for contractor use that I am looking at.  Basically the floor is thicker that cross members are heavier and closer together as well.  They sometimes already have a nice ladder rack on top as well.

The one I have now I have weighed a few times and hovers around 6,000lbs most of the time.  I have cleaned out some stuff that doesn't get used as much to keep it from being overloaded (7,000 lbs) but I have had numerous problems with this one like the axles not being square and one tire rubbing on the frame to loosing screws on the outside skin for no reason to wiring underneath already breaking because its cheap to fenders not lasting a year because they are thin and cheap.  The list could go on and on.