Craftsman Professional Drivers On Clearance

Conductor562

Stopped by Sears today and noticed the Western Forge made Professional Drivers are on clearance. Prices aren't low enough to be a hot deal yet, but this likely means they're being phased out and replaced with Chinese crap

post-515-0-02495100-1403153090_thumb.jpg

You know after what they did to AMERICAN MADE LOGGERHEAD TOOLS Sears can kiss my lily white New England As$! Screwed the company over, seized Loggerheads wrench and made their own version. Last I heard there was a suit but what chance does a small company have against those chowder heads. Sorry....but Sears is Walmart to me.

You know after what they did to AMERICAN MADE LOGGERHEAD TOOLS Sears can kiss my lily white New England As$! Screwed the company over, seized Loggerheads wrench and made their own version. Last I heard there was a suit but what chance does a small company have against those chowder heads. Sorry....but Sears is Walmart to me.

Actually if you all do some research over the matter you find some interesting tidbits.

First of all the tool in question is nearly identical to one that was patented dozens and dozens of years ago.  I'm no patent attorney but it sure doesn't help this case.

Secondly the loggerhead guy was renegotiating a new unit price to sears for xxx amount of tools.  He dragged his feet  in this process, sears wanted the tools in the stores by fathers day and time ran out.

Sears had another company produce like tools to meet their target date, which they missed because of the process of getting something nailed down.

Anytime I see some guy fussing about the big bad company I am extremely skeptical.  I'm treating this as I caught a fish this <                                                                                                                                                                                                              > big

As far as the lawsuit progress I dunno.

That's a nicely contrasting perspective. My understanding is that the Loggerhead guy had some issues because of the similarities between his tool and the design from the 50's.

I'm curious how it all works out.

That's a nicely contrasting perspective. My understanding is that the Loggerhead guy had some issues because of the similarities between his tool and the design from the 50's.

I'm curious how it all works out.

Not sure how it will work out.  Bottom line when it comes to these kind of things, nobody wins.  

When it comes to articles/videos/blogs such as what got linked here something Ronald Reagan once said comes to mind.  "Trust but verify"

Not sure how it will work out. Bottom line when it comes to these kind of things, nobody wins.

When it comes to articles/videos/blogs such as what got linked here something Ronald Reagan once said comes to mind. "Trust but verify"

Contrasting perspective and a Ronald Reagan quote? .....somebody send this guy a T-Shirt or at least some stickers!

• Like 1