help buying new string trimmer

Whitie_III

was looking at getting a cordless string trimmer as I now have like 4 dead gas powered string trimmers

what would be your recommendation on one? I was looking at the Ryobi 18v and 40v and I like them, but what do you recommend? and no, I'm not looking to buy another gas powered one!

How much string trimming do you do? If its a fairly small area the Ryobi 18v would be fine. If you going look at buying a bigger unit take a look at the EGO string trimmer its been getting good reviews. The only problem was with the bump feed but was an issue with the string wound too tight on the spool.

The Higher voltage tools do perform better than the 18v tools. I will say the Ryobi 18v sting trimmer and hedge trimmer did ok till the plastic parts broke on the hedge trimmer and leaft blower, but they did have plenty of power. The 18v leaf blower was pretty helpless the Ryobi is like an asthmatic chipmunk next to the ego leaf blower. Ryobi has also updated their 40v lineup with some brushless tools. which gives longer run time and power. Do you have other Ryobi 18v power tools?

He could try draining the carb and adding in fresh new fuel. I think he's just has had enough of the hassle of dealing with gas outdoor power equipment. I can understand his frustration when I was in my teens we went through gas powered stuff way too quick. I didn't have the father figure to teach me basic mechanics skills back then.

Go 4 stroke and most of your gas problems tend to go away. 

Read some of the Ryobi 4 stroke trimmer reviews. You get what you pay for but they are horrific. Ryobi uses a plastic crankshaft!!  I didn't even know you could use plastic in a internal combustion engine. Well from the reviews it does not work very well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...