New 12V MAX Drill/Driver and Impact in the house

roadhog96

Went to lowe's today and they were out of The Wounded Warrior 12V combo set edition for $159.00 so we ended up with the same drill and impact set that they sell for the new low price of $149.00 for $134.10 with my Veterans discount. Home Depot has the same combo kit for $179.00. The only difference I can see is the Wounded Warrior edition comes with a different belt clip and the black and yellow contractor bag were as ours came with a useless cheap black bag with no compartments. DeWalt should just eliminate that black bag and lower the price even more. They don't even offer a plastic storage case for their combo kits like they use to. I don't know about you guys but storage is a high priority with me. Granted

I want the tools for what there designed for, but throwing everything into an open compartment flimsy bag just don't cut it. I much prefer to keep everything organized. I'd gladly buy the plastic case if they had one. It seems DeWalt's really cheeping up. Honestly I almost went with the Makita set, it's cheaper and has a hard case but I didn't.

I don't know if they ever had hard cases for the Dewalt 12v max combo kits.

I'm not positive about the 12V combo kits either but they did come with the 18V combo kits. Now the 20v MAX combo's come with the black/yellow contractor bag and the 12V MAX combo kits come with the black bags. Hard cases come with some of the individual tools. My 18V case holds Drill Driver, Impact Driver, 2 Batteries, charger, hex bits, drill bits, pencils and everything stays neatly in its own place. The bag would be alright if it had compartments and you could organize it but it's just an open bag with everything just dumped into ia pile and you have to dig around for things.

If you like dewalt stick to dewalt. Most manufacturers have bags nowadays, makita has a lunch cooler looking bag for their 12v impact/drill combo set I believe so switching brands would lead to the same thing. The thing about tool storage is that doesn't matter what the manufacturer decides to include with the tool, whether it be a bag, pouch, plastic case, or nothing at all somebodies going to complain.

Thats why we need stackable modular boxes. I was all for and happy with my tool bags but now I'm fed up with them. The individual plastic tool cases are pointless when you need to carry a bunch of them at a time.

• Like 2

Absolutely agree with you Javier. My work shop has now been festooned with Bosch L Boxxes and and Systainers. I can organize and stack my cases in my very small basement workshop. I use a label maker and my tools are instantly identifiable. I see Makita has now opted to use the older style Tanos Systainer for a couple of their tools and I hope that they and others (Milwaukee.....,c'mon! Geese!) do the same. I do keep my Milwaukee M12 cutting tools in the Milwaukee work bags. Those small bags are super durable and have compartments galore, super strong reinforced zippers and I can't see putting them in anything else right now, pluses they have Milwaukee written on them!

I wouldn't mind some of the Combo kit plastic cases Milwaukee has. That way you can at least carry 2 tools in one case. I just don't like the fact that there is a lot of wasted space in a blow molded case for the most part. I can only carry about 4 cases at a time two in both hands, and even Milwaukee isn't offering a hard case at all on some tools like the cordless circular saw it only comes with a tool bag even when you buy it as a kit.

FYI the Dewalt 12V kits comes in hard cases now in AUS.

Really, wonder why the U.S. don't qualify? I was looking for a hard storage case for my Bostitch F21PL nailer and there only available in the UK. Tried to purchase one online from the UK from a Bostitch vender and was told the cases weren't sold desperately. I don't get these manufactures when it comes to who gets what. Maybe I should move to another country to get all the good stuff.

I like some of the older combo hard cases that dewalt had that would fit 4 tools and still compact for what it was. I like my milwaukee hard cases but the combo cases are HUGE!! for just 2 tools

I like how bosch has l-boxx inserts for some of their baretools, other brands should try the same thing

Absolutely agree with you Javier. My work shop has now been festooned with Bosch L Boxxes and and Systainers. I can organize and stack my cases in my very small basement workshop. I use a label maker and my tools are instantly identifiable. I see Makita has now opted to use the older style Tanos Systainer for a couple of their tools and I hope that they and others (Milwaukee.....,c'mon! Geese!) do the same. I do keep my Milwaukee M12 cutting tools in the Milwaukee work bags. Those small bags are super durable and have compartments galore, super strong reinforced zippers and I can't see putting them in anything else right now, pluses they have Milwaukee written on them!

if you like regular Milwaukee bags you should check out the fuel bags. The one I have for the hackzall is sweet!

I have a confession to make, well sort of. Everything I said was true but I didn't mention the 12V kit is really my wife's. Her old outdated 7.2 Makita from back in the 80's finally has very little power after a charge. I can get a replacement cell for it that goes inside the handle thats soldered in permenately but I don't think its worth it. The Makita only cost $39.00 years ago so it doesn't owe us a thing. I Kind of picked out the DeWalt 12V for her, hee, hee. She made the final disission through. She likes the way it fits her hand and how balanced it is compared to the old Makita. She does wish it had a hard case but hey, no biggy. She actually has her own basic tools, has for years because she said she never liked using my tools. Besides, more than I can count I have had to use her small compact drill to get into tight spots were my drills couldn't. So tonight I had a chance to use her new impact driver on the deck. My 18V wouldn't fit and I have to say , that 12V is pretty impressive. It handled those 3 1/2" deck screws with ease. Used it to on those Simpson metal bracket screws no problem with either one. Glad she made a good choice.

roadhog96, I would suggest you take a look at the TSTAK line of boxes from DeWalt if weather resistance is not a critical need, they have several different boxes available with various handle set ups/ lid configurations or drawers and DeWalt also has a foam insert (DWST 88801)available that fits the DWST 17805, 17807 and 17808. I don't know if it is open cell or closed cell foam (closed cell is more durable and more fluid resistant). The TSTAKs are lower priced than the ToughSystem boxes, but if it will live in the house versus in and out of the truck on job sites, they would be far more cost effective.