Drill type explanation.

Tool Whore

This was a demonstration video of me trying to explain the difference between standard hammer drills and rotary type since a few people had asked me.  

What's your thoughts, what could I have done to make it better?  Other than to quit hitting the drills LoL!  

Great first video Tool Whore. The only thing which you changed at the end was don't wear the sun glasses it makes you feel disconnected from you in the video. It's that whole eye contact thing. Other than that you were very through with the tests!

don't wear the sun glasses

That is a great point!  I appreciate the input.  I recently bought a HD Camera for reviews but the one thing I didn't take into consideration is my Genetic periodontitis and its highly noticeable in the new videos I've tried to make so I was wondering how to make them without actually being in the videos until I have dental reconstruction done LoL!  

Thanks for pointing that out.      

Actually I didn't even notice your teeth. My only suggestion, aside frome the shades, would be an external microphone. The camera buzz kinda gets annoying trying to hear what you're saying.

Its with the new HD camera I have that its noticable, so I need to figure out how to seem engaging while staying away from the camera.  

Thanks for the advise, I need to see if an external mic is able to be used with my camera.  I didn't notice it till you mentioned it now it annoys the hell out of me LoL!  

You did great, way better than my first video. Other than the stuff thats already been said about the glasses and mic I would say shoot your videos in HD widescreen.

Nice milwaukee collection. Its hard to convince some people how a rotary hammer is better than a hammer drill at drilling masonry if they don't understand the mechanisms. All they see is that it can do the same thing, even though they can't

• Like 2

The thing was for the longest time rotary hammers were out of most peoples price range now they are around the same or not much more than a hammer drill. If I did more masonry drilling I would have a rotatory hammer myself.

• Like 1

Yeah rotary hammers are still pricey. Dude about a month ago I was at hd and in front of the tools section they had a makita long d-handle 1" corded rotary hammer for $100. It was out of box by itself but looked great. You should look out for deals like that DR99, I almost bought it because of the deal but then figured it would collect dust since I already have the m12 or try craigs. Ive seen some amazing deals on newer compact bosch hammers for about $150- I'm not a big fan of the long d-handle style ones like the bulldogs, too long

• Like 1

I try to shop lightly used returns or clearance units that at my local HD. I think more and more it's shipped back to the the manufacturer and sold as refurbished now. I just don't see the deals like I used to, or the other thing is the tool has been so beaten up it's not worth what they want for the tool. I still don't get why my one HD was trying to clearance out like 3 M18 jigsaws for 9 dollars off the normal price I kept an eye out to see if the price dropped but it never did the clearance deals are really bad at my local HD they only want a few dollars off most of the time now.

I don't get some of their "clearance" prices on some of the items. Like a 12.99 item on "clearance" for 12.49, I'm like really? But you do have to keep an eye out on the clearance sections, I got good deals late last year on the clearance irwin speedbor max bits. I've seen on slickdeals in some stores you can find ridgid x4 combo kits for like seventy something bucks but you have to be lucky those deals are in your store, not in my store though

Dude, coming from someone who also has genetically bad teeth, I can tell you that this is forum full of tool guys. Good guys, not the type of guys that would ever form an opinion of someone based on their dental situation.

I understand what it's like to be self conscious about something like that, but I assure you you'll never have to worry about anything like that here. Our regulars are good people and if any new guy or something would ever make a comment about someone's appearance I can promise you it will be his last post on this forum.

Great first video. Keep em coming!

• Like 2

Dude, coming from someone who also has genetically bad teeth, I can tell you that this is forum full of tool guys. Good guys, not the type of guys that would ever form an opinion of someone based on their dental situation.

I understand what it's like to be self conscious about something like that, but I assure you you'll never have to worry about anything like that here. Our regulars are good people and if any new guy or something would ever make a comment about someone's appearance I can promise you it will be his last post on this forum.

Great first video. Keep em coming!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I really enjoy tools, its a hobby so making videos of them is just fun for me.  I just made a video of the fuel Band saw, I didn't edit it or anything just to get it out there till I could do an actual review cutting materials and stuff. 

• 5 weeks later...