HD is stocking up Bosch tools

madman_us

I think I mentioned this before my local HD had like a Bosch Mini store for about 2 years they kicked them out fairly recently and replaced him with Milwaukee. I talked to the Bosch rep he seemed like a nice guy we ended talking about how much cheaper tools are in the USA and the thole issue of grey market tools in other places. They really had everything there tool that was Bosch from the huge breaker hammers to saws. The new Milwaukee section has all of the Milwaukee tools now they actually carry the M18 vac in that store. It annoys me that Milwaukee will never run a promo with the M18 vacuum for free with a tool purchase its not an expensive tool either its $100 not as much as a battery to be honest!!

• Like 1

ya my local HD has a stand just for Milwaukee and Makita, Ryobi, Dewalt is there too. Bosch has just a few items in the shelves

Bosch is the greatest hits their sanders, grinders, jigsaws, and concrete tools just the small ones. They all tend to be corded tools not cordless also.

Yeah. lowes still has a FEW Bosch but I haven't seen a cordless Bosch tool at HD in I don't know how long. They have been downsizing their Makita stuff too....or not really expanding it. Milwaukee and Dewalt are the main stays. They just started carrying two of the Tough System cases but no TStaks. Weird how they do that. But I heard that Lpwes lost Bosch and HD is supposed to get a Bosch Pro Center. I'd like to see that.

• Like 1

They haven't carried Bosch in a while up here. We've got what you guys have but hardly any Bosch. And terrible lumber. But...it's nice seeing Red. Wish they carried more of it but...

The wood you at any home store is horrendous. You have to spend so much time looking for boards that are not all effed up. That's why you need a planer surface joiner to do any real wood working.

• Like 1

Yeah. lowes still has a FEW Bosch but I haven't seen a cordless Bosch tool at HD in I don't know how long. They have been downsizing their Makita stuff too....or not really expanding it. Milwaukee and Dewalt are the main stays. They just started carrying two of the Tough System cases but no TStaks. Weird how they do that. But I heard that Lpwes lost Bosch and HD is supposed to get a Bosch Pro Center. I'd like to see that.

We had a Bosch pro center at the bigger newer HD I go to occasionally. but what was the Bosch pro center is now occupied by Milwaukee. Maybe its a regional decision and other brands are bigger in certain stores. Can't say I know. The other Home Depot a mile or two extra is sp much better than the store closes to me. They treat you like a thief if you return anything.

• Like 1

They haven't carried Bosch in a while up here. We've got what you guys have but hardly any Bosch. And terrible lumber. But...it's nice seeing Red. Wish they carried more of it but...

The wood you at any home store is horrendous. You have to spend so much time looking for boards that are not all effed up. That's why you need a planer surface joiner to do any real wood working.

Lumber is crap everywhere even the lumber yards unless you pay the big bucks and buy #1 and sometimes that can be so so. The last time I was going through lumber at HD I told the guy 'I'm mot trying to make skis or a rocking chair I just need to frame a 10' wall"

• Like 2

We had a Bosch pro center at the bigger newer HD I go to occasionally. but what was the Bosch pro center is now occupied by Milwaukee. Maybe its a regional decision and other brands are bigger in certain stores. Can't say I know. The other Home Depot a mile or two extra is sp much better than the store closes to me. They treat you like a thief if you return anything.

OH my gosh ain't that the truth. A couple of years ago I had a pretty big remodel going on in my kitchen and breezeway. I retuned a bunch of stuff...I bought a bunch of stuff...anyways I returned a Dremel multi tool (not a fan that's why I got the Milwaukee) and the clerk looks at me, raises her eyebrows and says "hmm.,,,Mr Kelby....you seem to return a lot of stuff..." I didn't know what to say. I was steaming when I left and thought what a douche. Of course I know they get scammed a lot but seriously? I think I got another nail in my tire that visit too. Seriously.... Run a magnet in your lot for Pete sake. Or are you too busy dodging customers?

• Like 1

Lumber is crap everywhere even the lumber yards unless you pay the big bucks and buy #1 and sometimes that can be so so. The last time I was going through lumber at HD I told the guy 'I'm mot trying to make skis or a rocking chair I just need to frame a 10' wall"

The only thing is you can really beat them down on the prices of the crappy looking wood. If its still usable why not its not going to cause to many issues in some situations. If its straight that's the biggest thing some pieces of wood bow so bad they look like a banana.

OH my gosh ain't that the truth. A couple of years ago I had a pretty big remodel going on in my kitchen and breezeway. I retuned a bunch of stuff...I bought a bunch of stuff...anyways I returned a Dremel multi tool (not a fan that's why I got the Milwaukee) and the clerk looks at me, raises her eyebrows and says "hmm.,,,Mr Kelby....you seem to return a lot of stuff..." I didn't know what to say. I was steaming when I left and thought what a douche. Of course I know they get scammed a lot but seriously? I think I got another nail in my tire that visit too. Seriously.... Run a magnet in your lot for Pete sake. Or are you too busy dodging customers?

I wonder if its incompetence or a pissed off customer. I just hate when they act like they are the CEO of the company. I get that you need to keep scammers at bay but crap its insulting at times. The difference in how your treated is so night and day between the stores is crazy!! I returned something and this woman kept on looking and looking I was starting to get pissed. I was the new Milwaukee heated jacket the size was too big and she was giving me shit like I wasn't including everything. She was like that has a charger and battery right! I was like look at the box it says whats included its a bare kit!!! Grrr!!! I had the receipt too!