Old Cordless Driver and an Old Iron......

comp56

thought I'd post a couple pics of some old tools I have hanging around the shop for many years....

the ol Stanley Yankee driver works like new no need for batteries...(runs on coffee)

and a soldering iron that can melt steel damn near.....

If that's the case prepare to be sued by Bosch :) To be honest it amazes me what craftsmen could make back then with such simple tools. Now we get all pissy if you don't have a tool that does pretty much all of the work for us. Not that I'm complaining the new drills and saws we have are amazing. I just think in general the quality of new construction is appaling. The crap big builders like Pulte will have a hard time making  it to 50 years let a 100 with the quality materials they use. They sure look nice but the thing is no one really needs a 4,000 square foot home, but that's what everyone wants their one mini mansion on a tiny little lot with an HOA that gives random colonoscopies with out lube over minor rule infractions.

you got that right there will always be old tools, in fact the brand new tools ya bought just last week will become the old tools eventually, problem is these old tools are out lasting the people that had the knowledge to use them. Some old tools look like it would take forever to do a job with .....but some times it's because you don't know how to use them properly......

There a lot of tools we come across that you just don't have a clue on what they are or do unless you see them being worked with from the tradesman of their time.

I personally had a chance to work with some old timers the real old school guys that their conversations amongst themselves where damn near a different language... and could pump out some outstanding work......and to think you look at their little tool box and think what? you did that with just those tools.........lol

so if ya think the tools today are expensive, can you imagine what the cost would be if these tool companies could sell knowledge like these old school guy are taking with them when they pass away....

great cordless drill you got there.

man DR - that drill is def not out of your generation :P

everyone knows that you don't attach the battery directly to the drill - its wireless :P

just keep the battery in your pocket and you are good to go.

That driver right there is for my generation a bunch of internet loving teenage boys who are single because they don't know how to talk to a girl. 

That driver right there is for my generation a bunch of internet loving teenage boys who are single because they don't know how to talk to a girl. 

that's ok when I was a teenager any girl worth talking to....ya didn't want to waste time talkin...lol

• 4 months later...