HomeDepot Store Credit

madman_us

Hey Guys,

what you think about purchasing those Store Credit "Cards" from random people on craigslist for 20-35% off the Card Value?

I just made my own experience and it went well.

Purchased a $101.52 Card for $75 that's a discount of 35.36%.

I went with him to the Return Desk, checked his Card for the value. everything was ok

I had an item with me, which was slightly above his card value.

The HD lady scanned the item I wanted to purchase and she also scanned his Store Credit "Card".

After that i gave that guy the $75 for his card - we shook hands and it was a done deal.

I paid $5 bucks for the outstanding balance and walked out with the item and saved big time :P

Tmw i will go back to HD and will return that item and get "my own" Store Credit for it. i will save it for Black Friday.

booyah :P :P

I've only had one guy ask me, it was right in the checkout lane and he offered a similar situation to yours.. I don't think the discount was so good..

I declined just out of skepticism

After, when I was checking out, the woman at the register told me that these guys steal stuff, return it for store credit and then sell the card for cash... I'm sure that is not always the case.

that's a little sketchy in my book. I don't really want to endorse this guy's theft habits and or whatever other habits he needs the cash for!!

ya NER i agree on that. it can be stolen merchandise or something he legally purchased but some how lost the receipt and return it for store credit. i do it all the time.....i gonna loose my receipt and just get store credit for it.

and also that guy knew a bunch of people and employee's in there....but hey, we never know the real story

• Like 1

i also end up with store credit at HD, when i purchased something with my HD Credit Card, paid it within 1 month or tho and after that i decide to bring back the tool/ merchandise. when you bring it back with the receipt they will refund the money to the credit card. but that doesn't make sense to me, because the bill is already paid off....so that's why i bring it back without receipt and just get store credit

i also end up with store credit at HD, when i purchased something with my HD Credit Card, paid it within 1 month or tho and after that i decide to bring back the tool/ merchandise. when you bring it back with the receipt they will refund the money to the credit card. but that doesn't make sense to me, because the bill is already paid off....so that's why i bring it back without receipt and just get store credit

Make sure you are getting your tax back. I'm pretty sure in CT, if you dont have a receipt or a way for them to find it like on a credit card, you do that get the tax back... you can probably give them the receipt and tell them you want store credit instead of money back to your credit card

As a former HD employee I can assure you the VAST MAJORITY of people selling card got them from returning stolen merchandise. On a related note, if someone ask you to return something for them it's probably because they have returned to many"high theft"items in a certain time frame without a receipt and the theft prevention system has rejected their I.d.