Stolen Tools

Jordan.M

A buddy of mine just bought a house. He ran to Lowe's for supplies and when he came back, they'd cleaned him out.

He called the cops and on the way there, the cops actually drove past the guys trying to get the truck lid to shut and noticed a power cord hanging out.

He got every single item back

wow that's awesome conductor thieves are so freakin quick to steal man my wife tells me I'm paranoid about our house and cars and especially my tools but u never know when somebody's is eyeing your stuff for a quick buck

wow that's awesome conductor thieves are so freakin quick to steal man my wife tells me I'm paranoid about our house and cars and especially my tools but u never know when somebody's is eyeing your stuff for a quick buck

Never doubt a desperate person. Good to hear though about the friend getting his items back!

Just a little update!!! I got all my tools back, my brothers friend who works at a pawn shop recognized the bag (brother texted him after my stuff as stolen to keep a eye out). So he brought the bag to my brothers house and not one single thing was missing from it, gloves, meters, even carabiners were still attached on the outside! Cant believe my luck. Hes the only problem I went out Saturday and bought everything and engraved it when I got home from HD. So if anybody is looking for some electrical hand tools let me know, ill have a good price. Channel locks, Side cutters, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, etc. 

• Like 1

A buddy of mine just bought a house. He ran to Lowe's for supplies and when he came back, they'd cleaned him out.

He called the cops and on the way there, the cops actually drove past the guys trying to get the truck lid to shut and noticed a power cord hanging out.

He got every single item back

That is awesome. I hope the judge threw the book at them.

That's awesome Jordan!! So how does that work when the pawn shop knows it stolen. I just wonder how it all went down that's all. It sweet you got your stuff back. I would keep a few things as a possible backup/lighter tool bag on smaller jobs.

our shed got broke into a few years ago.......they stole all 4 bikes and only 4 bikes......value around $2000, but what got me was they were in my shop and didn't even move a screw driver let alone take any tools........the bikes were in the back corner and they had to go past all my stuff.......even still the thought of strangers in my shop without me to this day gives me shivers cause I probably would have snapped had I caught them in the act.....

our shed got broke into a few years ago.......they stole all 4 bikes and only 4 bikes......value around $2000, but what got me was they were in my shop and didn't even move a screw driver let alone take any tools........the bikes were in the back corner and they had to go past all my stuff.......even still the thought of strangers in my shop without me to this day gives me shivers cause I probably would have snapped had I caught them in the act.....

I know the feeling comp my truck was broken into at work in broad daylight and I'm like 90% sure I walked right by the bastards to and when I finally got to my truck I unlocked like any one does now with the alarm sat in my truck and noticed my glove box was open and then noticed everything was gone from my in dash tv and gps all my kids DVDs it took me a couple weeks to get over the feeling of strangers actually targeting and sitting my truck and ripping out everything out thank god I didn't find them cus I would've beat the crap out of both of them and to too it off one was a female. That was just my truck So I couldn't imagine anyone breakin in my garage/house

Congrats Jordan on getting your kit back. A persons tools are "sacred". I'm glad your story had a happy ending.

My wife and I recently bought a house and all these stories are something I think about often,low lifes violating my personal space is no bueno.

• Like 1

thats good to hear man, the SAME thing happend to my boss last week. He had all of his tools in the back of his truck and boom! all of it just vanished. He has been in the trade for almost 20 years so I can only imagine how much stuff he accumulated, so far he has spent over 2k and still doesnt have all of his stuff